Elation Opti Tri Par on Expression 3

How do you set them up to be board controllable?  Looking in the manual, it said to look for profiles, but I havent found anything with Elation other than something I don't have.

thanks!

Laura

Parents
  • Hi Laura,

You will want to download the Expression Off-Line editor.  One of the parts of the download is a Personality Creator.  You can use the software to create a profile for the Opti in which ever mode you are using.  (I would recommend a mode with the master dimmer.)  It is pretty easy to create a profile.

I have put one together that might work for you.  Unzip & save it to a floppy and try it.

Good Luck!

John

Opti6ch.zip
  • Hi Laura,

You will want to download the Expression Off-Line editor.  One of the parts of the download is a Personality Creator.  You can use the software to create a profile for the Opti in which ever mode you are using.  (I would recommend a mode with the master dimmer.)  It is pretty easy to create a profile.

I have put one together that might work for you.  Unzip & save it to a floppy and try it.

Good Luck!

John

Opti6ch.zip
Children
  • Thank you so much for the reply... I tried loading that personality, and it said it was loading, then it didn't appear to do anything.  Nothing came up.  I downloaded the offline personality editor, and didn't quite understand what to do.  I know how to set up one of these through a Leprecon board, haven't tried through this yet.

Thanks again!

• Hi Laura,

I tried loading it in the offline without a problem before I attached it.  Are you running 3..11?

Next, on the Fixture Personality Page it should just add the OptiPAR as a new fixture personality.  There is no A-HA moment.  It just loads the file.

Hope that helps!

John

Related