Import to Obsession

Hi,

I'm probably being blind here, but is there a way to get show files from another format onto an Obsession? Specifically from an EOS in this case?

Thanks,

Tom

• Hi Tom, 

Unfortunately, there is no way to translate an Eos showfile to be read by Obsession, or Obsession II. You can run an Eos show on an Ion, and will lose many of the programming conveniences and screen real estate - but it's a great option during show conditions. The Element will also support Eos show files, but does not support multiple cue lists, or remappable submasters and you'd also lose even more programming conveniences of the Eos.

It is possible to go from Obsession line to the Eos line using ASCII protocols, but this process is not reversible.

Betsy

• Tom, there are a small number of private individuals (I mean, unaffiliated with ETC) who have written software to translate ->into Obsession. But because hand-coding of complex features like ML personalities and multi-parameter fixtures may be necessary, some users don't have the time or money to contract out the work. I've also heard of ETC making arrangements for something like long-term clients. Sometimes the job is quick if there are no special fixtures. You can contact me through this board if you might be interested, but I don't want to abuse an open forum with too much "advertising".

• Hi Betsy,

Thanks for the reply, that's what I suspected.

Tim, thanks for the offer, but in this case it's fairly easy just to plot from scratch on the offline editor.

Many thanks,

Tom

Related