Express 48/96 video problem

Hi! I am having a problem with my Express 48/96 console. Once its on, the video goes black if by chance you happen to jerk the console, or insert a diskette, or even touch the data cable. Once this happens, there is no other way but to reboot. It does not erase anything but the video wont come back until I reboot. Hope to hear from you guys soon! Thanks and all the best! I happen to have 2 units of the same kind.

Parents
  •  Hello there,

Betwen this and the disk drive problem you have reported in a separate post, I'd say you are having a hardware failure of some sort beyond what we might be able to help you with in these forums. You should look to contact the closest ETC dealer to make arrangements for a repair.

Please advise if you need assistance in locating a dealer or reference the below link:  

http://www.etcconnect.com/contact.aspx

Sincerely,

Mike Meskill

European Service Manager, ETC

• Helo Mike!

Many thanks for the fast response. As we speak, the console with the video problem is working fine now. We tried heating up the video cpu pins and was able to solve it. Maybe due to cold solder or normal wear when transported for remtal purposes. But was a relief!

Now it is the other console with the disk problem we are after but i think we are at the end of the line. I will try your suggestion.

More power to you guys!

• Helo Mike!

Many thanks for the fast response. As we speak, the console with the video problem is working fine now. We tried heating up the video cpu pins and was able to solve it. Maybe due to cold solder or normal wear when transported for remtal purposes. But was a relief!

Now it is the other console with the disk problem we are after but i think we are at the end of the line. I will try your suggestion.

More power to you guys!

Children
No Data
Related