Import problem NT to EOS (Cross post from EOS forum)

Hi all,I am not sure this is the right forum to post....

I have a small problem with the import from an NT. I import LED 8B fixtures with a Virtual Dimmer that have an intensity on the NT, but not after the import from the ASCII file into EOS. Any ideas how i could get around this?

Parents
  • And you don't get the appropriate (lowered) color values either?

• hi flo

tried it myself. and you're right, vDim values don't seem to get exported and the corresponding color values aren't converted either to represent the original brightness. the only workaround i found was to go back to NT, copy the (virtual) dimmer values to a real dimmer channel, make sure that this dimmer channel is patched (it will be lost in translation otherwise), re-export, import and then copy to dimmer's values back to the fixture...

if you don't have an NT around, send me the showfile, point out the channels with vdim and i will do a quick conversion.

• Thank you,

I just had a quick look at the ASCII export file from the NT. It has the Vdim values in it. It seems EOS is not merging them together right. In the ascii file I can see

$$ChanMove  3001@Hb2 3002@Hb2 3003@Hb2 3004@Hb2 3005@Hb2 3006@Hb2
    and further down in the same cue

$$Param  3001 1@178 12@255 13@255 14@0 51@255
       $$Param  3002 1@178 12@255 13@255 14@0 51@255
       $$Param  3003 1@178 12@255 13@255 14@0 51@255
       $$Param  3004 1@178 12@255 13@255 14@0 51@255
       $$Param  3005 1@178 12@255 13@255 14@0 51@255
       $$Param  3006 1@178 12@255 13@255 14@0 51@255

Thank you for your kind offer, but I channel change the whole show already to make it fit our numbers (from Hamburg numbers....) so I manually hacked the Intensity in for those 6 Ch.

Is that re-patching something I can do on the NT/NTX OLE?

• yep, seen that as well. it gets exported as regular intensity channel, but eos doesn't merge that correctly.

you can do that in NT-OLE, but i don't think it would be re-patching as such. i suggest:
    open OLE
    load showfile (21 MENU)
    go to spreadsheet (TRK)
    select channel with vdim: x SK (where x is the channel number)
    open copy menu (403 MENU)
    enter data: source channel, target channel, mask (you only want I---, use left-arrow), first cue, last cue, OK. you will get 1 or 2 red alerts, both OK.

now you copied the virtual dimmer from your RGB device to this other channel. repeat when necessary.

export:
    55 MENU
    Optionen
    use left-arrow until ASCII-Format reads "Eos-Format"
    OK
    Speichern
    USB
    enter name, OK

you'll find name.asc on your USB-drive.

• i had another look at the ascii-file. it seems to be the problem of the exporter: although the intensities get exported, there is a problem in the personality: the VirtualDimmer flag doesn't get activated. so the fastest way would probably be to edit the ascii-file: find the word "personalities", scroll down until you find the right personality (in your case a personality that has parameters 12, 13, 14, 51). i added $$VirtualInt in a new line after the $$Model line, saved, imported and there you go :)

• Thank you again, I shall try that tomorrow. 

• This problem can be fixed on the NTX export side, from version 6.0.1.4 on.
    Then the $VirtualInt keyword is inserted automatically where required by Eos.
    Beta versions for NTX and PC Offline are available on request.

Hans Leiter

Reply Children
No Data
Related