HOG 1000 <PIG + Pallete>

hey all

Using hog 1000 current version. Normally when you select a fixture from a group pallete, or selecting beam, colour or position palletes you can un-select by holding PIG and pressing the pallete button again. However, when you type into the console GOTO (insert cue number) and press enter, it does not allow you to unselect. Even if I HOG + RELEASE and/or CLEAR/RESTORE the programmer, then reselect fixture, and/or attributes I can not get it to work. I have had it happen in shows a few times when busking and at some point (not sure what I do) it returns.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

PS. It has happened consistently after Clean starts + on different shows so none of that effecting it.
Parents
  • Ryan,

I just tried this on a Hog iPC running our current version of Hog 2PC and I am able to reproduce the problem.

Undo+parameter does take longer than Pig+Palette, but it is an option.

Your other choices are:

1) Be aware of when you are using Goto. Use Pig+Palette when you haven't been jumping around in your cuelists.

2) Undo+Beam (or any other parameter group button). This has the disadvantage of possibly knocking out parameters you wanted to keep, but there may be times when this is more efficient than using undo with individual parameter wheels.

I've played around with re-applying the palette after the goto, changing values and then re-applying the palette after the goto, and a number of other attempts to get pig+palette to work again, but I haven't found anything that works.

As I mentioned above, Wholehog 2 is no longer in development. We have occasionally made some library changes, but we are no longer actively developing or fixing bugs for this discontinued product. I understand that this can be frustrating, but it allows us to focus our efforts on the Wholehog 3. If you haven't already, I encourage you to take a look at the Wholehog 3 family and all that it has to offer.

You can find a brief description of some of the advantages the Wholehog 3 platform offers here:
    www.highend.com/pdfs/products/wholehog3pc/Hog3better.pdf

Thanks.
  • Ryan,

I just tried this on a Hog iPC running our current version of Hog 2PC and I am able to reproduce the problem.

Undo+parameter does take longer than Pig+Palette, but it is an option.

Your other choices are:

1) Be aware of when you are using Goto. Use Pig+Palette when you haven't been jumping around in your cuelists.

2) Undo+Beam (or any other parameter group button). This has the disadvantage of possibly knocking out parameters you wanted to keep, but there may be times when this is more efficient than using undo with individual parameter wheels.

I've played around with re-applying the palette after the goto, changing values and then re-applying the palette after the goto, and a number of other attempts to get pig+palette to work again, but I haven't found anything that works.

As I mentioned above, Wholehog 2 is no longer in development. We have occasionally made some library changes, but we are no longer actively developing or fixing bugs for this discontinued product. I understand that this can be frustrating, but it allows us to focus our efforts on the Wholehog 3. If you haven't already, I encourage you to take a look at the Wholehog 3 family and all that it has to offer.

You can find a brief description of some of the advantages the Wholehog 3 platform offers here:
    www.highend.com/pdfs/products/wholehog3pc/Hog3better.pdf

Thanks.
Children
No Data
Related