hog 500/1000 chroma q db4

Hi there i was after a bit of advice on the "quickest" and most simple way to get some good effects from approx 30 chroma q db4 using the hog 1000.

I regularly get sent out with this set up and apart from either:

A: eating hundreds of channels and complicating patching usind the db4s in full dmx mode and creating hsi fixture along with a few limited effects

or

B:stacking a whole lot of cues onto a fader and making a chase thus creating a huge memory eating fader

I find it hard to create any good looks.

Obviously if i had a wholehog i could create and store looks in the effects engine and similar if i had a dongle for hog pc but i dont have access to either at present.

My aim is to have a disk loaded with some good prebuilt chases in the effects engine to save time and memory.

Does anybody have any other ideas???

My next option is to get hold of a wWH2 for a few days and lock myself away.
Parents
  • Thanks for your reply tom.

I did today have a play around on creating some effects on hog pc without having a widget by just viewing output of fixture.

The results i got when loaded onto the 1000 were very good considering.

With a lot of playing around with offset fx etc i managed some reasoably good results.

The only things i didnt manage to do and would like to konw is it possible to

A: Create an effect and store a base colour say the fixtures on blue with a step chase over??

B: to create a chase which stomps the existing colour on unit ie the unit is showing red and then a step chase turns red to 0 and overwrites it with blue as opposed to mixing red and blue together??

Many thanks
  • Thanks for your reply tom.

I did today have a play around on creating some effects on hog pc without having a widget by just viewing output of fixture.

The results i got when loaded onto the 1000 were very good considering.

With a lot of playing around with offset fx etc i managed some reasoably good results.

The only things i didnt manage to do and would like to konw is it possible to

A: Create an effect and store a base colour say the fixtures on blue with a step chase over??

B: to create a chase which stomps the existing colour on unit ie the unit is showing red and then a step chase turns red to 0 and overwrites it with blue as opposed to mixing red and blue together??

Many thanks
Children
No Data
Related