midimap file

I edited my midimap.txt file so it only contains the following info:

version = 40
go:8 = note:72

I did this because the MIDI trigger to the hog is coming from someone's laptop and I don't want any errant incoming MIDI data to do unintentional button presses during the show. I'm wondering if this is OK to have only the function I need to be in the file. I'm pretty sure this won't affect anything (except for slaving another hog which I'm not doing), but wanted to be 100% on this before I go onsite.
With this file and MIDI connected, when the console sees note 72 coming in, it does a 'GO' on fader 8. Will note off messages afect this command? I'll probably specify to have the trigger in the form of a quarter note so nothing unusual happens.
Parents
  • This post brought up a question i had about Ableton Live and midi. I've been trying for some time to get Live to output midi, preferably timecode, but notes would be great too. Is this possible and if so, how do you get it to work. I even went so far as to talk to someone at Ableton and they said that this wasn't possible. I'd be very interested in any info you might have
    Thanks
    Eric
  • This post brought up a question i had about Ableton Live and midi. I've been trying for some time to get Live to output midi, preferably timecode, but notes would be great too. Is this possible and if so, how do you get it to work. I even went so far as to talk to someone at Ableton and they said that this wasn't possible. I'd be very interested in any info you might have
    Thanks
    Eric
Children
No Data
Related