midimap file

I edited my midimap.txt file so it only contains the following info:

version = 40
go:8 = note:72

I did this because the MIDI trigger to the hog is coming from someone's laptop and I don't want any errant incoming MIDI data to do unintentional button presses during the show. I'm wondering if this is OK to have only the function I need to be in the file. I'm pretty sure this won't affect anything (except for slaving another hog which I'm not doing), but wanted to be 100% on this before I go onsite.
With this file and MIDI connected, when the console sees note 72 coming in, it does a 'GO' on fader 8. Will note off messages afect this command? I'll probably specify to have the trigger in the form of a quarter note so nothing unusual happens.
Parents
  • Ableton Live will not generate timecode, whether it be SMPTE or MIDI. It can only slave to external sources. The work I've done with it so far only utilizes MIDI notes as triggers to the hog.
    You set Live up as if you had an external synth you want to trigger. The hog can be set to listen to all MIDI channels or a specific one. You connect the hog MIDI in to the PC MIDI out and when you record specific notes on a MIDI track in Live, it will output the data to the hog.
  • Ableton Live will not generate timecode, whether it be SMPTE or MIDI. It can only slave to external sources. The work I've done with it so far only utilizes MIDI notes as triggers to the hog.
    You set Live up as if you had an external synth you want to trigger. The hog can be set to listen to all MIDI channels or a specific one. You connect the hog MIDI in to the PC MIDI out and when you record specific notes on a MIDI track in Live, it will output the data to the hog.
Children
No Data
Related