Recording Palette adds parameters

I have been creating Colour palettes for our cyc using with "Use I" in the
Record function. I select the three desk channels, set the desired intensity, select Record, then "Use I", then touch the Colour I want to record into. I have done this successfully for 8 different settings, but it seems that when I try to create a palette with all 3 desk channels at full and record, I somehow manage to record all 51 of my desk channels into the palette.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Dan
Parents
  • Martinbraad,

You said "...but it seems that when I try to create a palette with all 3 desk channels at full and record, I somehow manage to record all 51 of my desk channels into the palette."

This is happening because all three channels are the same value. On Wholehog 2 if you have one or multiple fixtures with the same value, it will "auto-expand" this palette to work with all fixtures of that same type. So this makes sense what you are seeing.

The way around this is to include in the palette one other fixture or parameter at a different value. Then the palette will not auto-expand and will only apply to the fixtures within the palette. SO if you have any automated fixtures I would touce one of their timing or control channels at defaults and record this "use B" into the palette (or you can use another desk channel not at full or any other fixture). Then the palette will only apply to the fixutres you want and this one oddball...
  • Martinbraad,

You said "...but it seems that when I try to create a palette with all 3 desk channels at full and record, I somehow manage to record all 51 of my desk channels into the palette."

This is happening because all three channels are the same value. On Wholehog 2 if you have one or multiple fixtures with the same value, it will "auto-expand" this palette to work with all fixtures of that same type. So this makes sense what you are seeing.

The way around this is to include in the palette one other fixture or parameter at a different value. Then the palette will not auto-expand and will only apply to the fixtures within the palette. SO if you have any automated fixtures I would touce one of their timing or control channels at defaults and record this "use B" into the palette (or you can use another desk channel not at full or any other fixture). Then the palette will only apply to the fixutres you want and this one oddball...
Children
No Data
Related