Jands Echelon / Hog 1K - Create Fixture Profile

Hi everyone,

So the venue i operate at use a Jands Echelon board (rebranded Hog 1000) & the venue will very soon be getting some new LED moving head wash fixtures, however they are a generic unbranded fixture that do not have a fixture profile.

The company providing them said they can give me the DMX chart & i will have to create my own fixture profile, so just wanting to get some tips on how i would do this?, all the other fixtures in use at the venue have fixture profiles in the board already.

Some step by step instructions would be a massive massive help.

Cheers.
Parents
  • [QUOTE=Navigator;59211]Maikel is correct guys, the easiest way to edit your libraries is to do it on a PC with a floppy drive (if you can find one), following these instructions-

flyingpig.com/support/hog2/technotes/addingHog2libraries.pdf

As for creating the library files, you should be able to figure out how to do it by taking existing libraries and doing a little editing and cutting & pasting. A couple of things to be aware of-
    1) Make sure you write the parameters in the same order as they are listed on your DMX chart for the fixture.
    2) If your DMX chart indicates "fine" control on a separate channel-
    (ex- Ch 1 = Pan, Ch 2 = Pan (fine)
    -write that as one parameter, but show it as 16 bit instead of 8 bit.
    3) make sure that all of the names you show for your parameters are also listed in the FUNCTION.TXT file in the Library folder.

Tip- If you list the manufacturer as "0", the fixture will show up in your "Generic" folder on the Hog.

I can send you a library file I created which includes several kinds of LED fixtures, both moving and static. and it should include every kind of parameter you will run into. Just let me know.

If that seems like to much hassle, there is a link to a good Hog 2 Library Generator (freeware) on Flying Pig's Wholehog 2 Libraries page.

It's really not all that difficult once you do it a few times!

Hi There. Would you be willing to send me over that LED library file you have as I am a newb also on her first design and programming mission and have a few fixtures I can't seem to find profiles for anywhere that I need to write.

email is: rcapuano13@gmail.com

Thanks!
    Rosie
  • [QUOTE=Navigator;59211]Maikel is correct guys, the easiest way to edit your libraries is to do it on a PC with a floppy drive (if you can find one), following these instructions-

flyingpig.com/support/hog2/technotes/addingHog2libraries.pdf

As for creating the library files, you should be able to figure out how to do it by taking existing libraries and doing a little editing and cutting & pasting. A couple of things to be aware of-
    1) Make sure you write the parameters in the same order as they are listed on your DMX chart for the fixture.
    2) If your DMX chart indicates "fine" control on a separate channel-
    (ex- Ch 1 = Pan, Ch 2 = Pan (fine)
    -write that as one parameter, but show it as 16 bit instead of 8 bit.
    3) make sure that all of the names you show for your parameters are also listed in the FUNCTION.TXT file in the Library folder.

Tip- If you list the manufacturer as "0", the fixture will show up in your "Generic" folder on the Hog.

I can send you a library file I created which includes several kinds of LED fixtures, both moving and static. and it should include every kind of parameter you will run into. Just let me know.

If that seems like to much hassle, there is a link to a good Hog 2 Library Generator (freeware) on Flying Pig's Wholehog 2 Libraries page.

It's really not all that difficult once you do it a few times!

Hi There. Would you be willing to send me over that LED library file you have as I am a newb also on her first design and programming mission and have a few fixtures I can't seem to find profiles for anywhere that I need to write.

email is: rcapuano13@gmail.com

Thanks!
    Rosie
Children
No Data
Related