trying to write fixture profile

I've been trying to write a fixture profile for a ADJ dj spot 250 led. i've had some success, because the pan responds correctly, but nothing else does. for some reason when i load the lib file in my 1000 it puts in an extra pan channel and an extra tilt channel, which i think might be throwing everything else off. It does this when I write pan and tilt as ltp16bit. when I write it as ltp8bit, nothing works. I also dont know what product ID # to use. how can I find out I've got the manufacturer id #, but the manual says I would have to contact Flying Pig for a new product ID #. Does anybody know if this is still possible?

Thanks
Parents
  • The ID is irrelevant in terms of function. For user created stuff, normally mfg 99 is used, and then whatever the next available number is for type.

On the pan/tilt, do you mean you get two pan and two tilt channels on the encoders, or two channels for pan and two for tilt in DMX? If the latter, that is the definition of ltp16bit - a single DMX channel is 8 bit, and to get 16 bit uses two, in order (and that is where some of the el-cheapo Chinese stuff is "epic fail" - the use reverse order, which the Hog can't do, but that is unlikely since most of this DJ junk never heard of 16 bit . . .). If you don't need 16 bit, then the ltp8bit definition will be correct, but you need to be sure that the start channel is correct.

If you can post the channel map for this fixture, as well as what you created, we can review and be of more help. Otherwise, the Hog-2 manual has an excellent section on creating fixture definitions (far better than that in the Hog-1000) and the two are identical in that regard.

- Tim
  • The ID is irrelevant in terms of function. For user created stuff, normally mfg 99 is used, and then whatever the next available number is for type.

On the pan/tilt, do you mean you get two pan and two tilt channels on the encoders, or two channels for pan and two for tilt in DMX? If the latter, that is the definition of ltp16bit - a single DMX channel is 8 bit, and to get 16 bit uses two, in order (and that is where some of the el-cheapo Chinese stuff is "epic fail" - the use reverse order, which the Hog can't do, but that is unlikely since most of this DJ junk never heard of 16 bit . . .). If you don't need 16 bit, then the ltp8bit definition will be correct, but you need to be sure that the start channel is correct.

If you can post the channel map for this fixture, as well as what you created, we can review and be of more help. Otherwise, the Hog-2 manual has an excellent section on creating fixture definitions (far better than that in the Hog-1000) and the two are identical in that regard.

- Tim
Children
No Data
Related