question about Whole Hog III

How can i do a "MARK CUE" in the WH III like in the Hog 250/500/1000 ???
Parents
  • In all reality, I do not actually have so many cues. I am constantly using tons of trick but for the sake of posting I simplify. I guess teaching tons of volunteers who have no programming experience, I have a tendency to over simplify to express the significance of thought process.

My issue is actually more complex. Almost all of my content is custom and I do TONS of trans white, trans black, or pngs with alpha so I can overlay. Whatever the case, when I'm in a corporate environment or live on TV, I will have moving content up almost 100% of the time. If I'm running a song, I will usually have an open, verse 1, pre-chorus, chorus, verse 2, bridge, solo, and close look. This doesn't include all the text and logo overlays. Something similar is true when I'm supporting a keynote presentation or speech where I'll cross into several moving files over the course of a few moments.

For the sake of the last post, I was simply concerned with tools to expedite and automate the process.

By "SYNC" I mean Layer sync. This means I am syncing a layer to another layer or to timecode from a deck or something. Sync is quirky how it works so I have to load a file with InFrame and then sync the slaves to the master layer. This causes a jump when I do it while the file is playing So if I sync to a master that is paused on InFrame, I can eliminate jumps from the seek time issues present with any media server. This keeps my live content from showing jerks. This is also a step I have to do before I start play or else the file I am about to start will flash on the screen.

You are absolutely right about go above zero. It is a great feature and the one I load into the master before I sync. Of course I also use content with Audio files too (wish I didn't have to but...) This feature is a bit different and very delicate to use since audio received more priority for processing than video.

As far as stop cues, when I stop a file before loading the next one, I have noticed less skipping on the live files that are running. Not to mention that freezing on a video is common for me.

Most of these issues I have wouldn't be a problem but I am doing a significant amount of edge blending on very smooth surfaces and the slighted jitter will divulge a seam.

I apreciate the input and I would love to discuss other great tricks but you'll notice that when I post I tend to do so in a simplified manner because it's what I'm used to when I'm relating to beginners.
  • In all reality, I do not actually have so many cues. I am constantly using tons of trick but for the sake of posting I simplify. I guess teaching tons of volunteers who have no programming experience, I have a tendency to over simplify to express the significance of thought process.

My issue is actually more complex. Almost all of my content is custom and I do TONS of trans white, trans black, or pngs with alpha so I can overlay. Whatever the case, when I'm in a corporate environment or live on TV, I will have moving content up almost 100% of the time. If I'm running a song, I will usually have an open, verse 1, pre-chorus, chorus, verse 2, bridge, solo, and close look. This doesn't include all the text and logo overlays. Something similar is true when I'm supporting a keynote presentation or speech where I'll cross into several moving files over the course of a few moments.

For the sake of the last post, I was simply concerned with tools to expedite and automate the process.

By "SYNC" I mean Layer sync. This means I am syncing a layer to another layer or to timecode from a deck or something. Sync is quirky how it works so I have to load a file with InFrame and then sync the slaves to the master layer. This causes a jump when I do it while the file is playing So if I sync to a master that is paused on InFrame, I can eliminate jumps from the seek time issues present with any media server. This keeps my live content from showing jerks. This is also a step I have to do before I start play or else the file I am about to start will flash on the screen.

You are absolutely right about go above zero. It is a great feature and the one I load into the master before I sync. Of course I also use content with Audio files too (wish I didn't have to but...) This feature is a bit different and very delicate to use since audio received more priority for processing than video.

As far as stop cues, when I stop a file before loading the next one, I have noticed less skipping on the live files that are running. Not to mention that freezing on a video is common for me.

Most of these issues I have wouldn't be a problem but I am doing a significant amount of edge blending on very smooth surfaces and the slighted jitter will divulge a seam.

I apreciate the input and I would love to discuss other great tricks but you'll notice that when I post I tend to do so in a simplified manner because it's what I'm used to when I'm relating to beginners.
Children
No Data
Related