question about Whole Hog III

How can i do a "MARK CUE" in the WH III like in the Hog 250/500/1000 ???
Parents
  • Todd,

I haven't had problems with doing my marking and setting my sync-to IDs in the same mark cue. This has never caused me any issues with jittering or layers not syncing properly. If you're having issues with this I would definitely suggest posting a bug report in the appropriate Catalyst forum here. Then we can have a tester try to reproduce the problem and let our developer know about it.

Using files with Audio requires some additional considerations, but generally not with regard to marking. When I need to work with audio using the Catalyst I tend to be much more careful about how many active layers I have and the bitrate of my movies, but I tend to handle marking in the same way. One mark cue using one of the intensity trigger modes and one fade up cue that starts everything running.

It may be reasonable that you see less skipping on active layers when you stop a layer before changing media files, but this also becomes a non-issue when using intensity trigger play modes, since your movie stops playing as soon as the intensity of the layer reaches 0%.

I wouldn't be too concerned with simplifying your responses for people here. Many of the people who are actively posting in the forums are accomplished programmers and the new folks tend to catch on fairly quickly. In this case, I think that while your multiple setup cues may do a good job of illustrating what needs to be considered when writing mark cues for media servers, your implementation seems to be more complicated than necessary.
  • Todd,

I haven't had problems with doing my marking and setting my sync-to IDs in the same mark cue. This has never caused me any issues with jittering or layers not syncing properly. If you're having issues with this I would definitely suggest posting a bug report in the appropriate Catalyst forum here. Then we can have a tester try to reproduce the problem and let our developer know about it.

Using files with Audio requires some additional considerations, but generally not with regard to marking. When I need to work with audio using the Catalyst I tend to be much more careful about how many active layers I have and the bitrate of my movies, but I tend to handle marking in the same way. One mark cue using one of the intensity trigger modes and one fade up cue that starts everything running.

It may be reasonable that you see less skipping on active layers when you stop a layer before changing media files, but this also becomes a non-issue when using intensity trigger play modes, since your movie stops playing as soon as the intensity of the layer reaches 0%.

I wouldn't be too concerned with simplifying your responses for people here. Many of the people who are actively posting in the forums are accomplished programmers and the new folks tend to catch on fairly quickly. In this case, I think that while your multiple setup cues may do a good job of illustrating what needs to be considered when writing mark cues for media servers, your implementation seems to be more complicated than necessary.
Children
No Data
Related