clone values/effects from another parameter

I am missing the possibility to have a value of one parameter cloned to another one.
Very simple example: I have a bunch of washers with a sine on the cyan-wheel in the programmer and want to clone the exact effect on the magenta-wheel (including the offset of the lamps).
A new function or me not finding the right chapter in the manual?

A possible Syntax could be
"PIG+touch cyan wheel", COPY, "PIG+touch magenta wheel"
or something like that...
Jan
Parents
  • I agree 100 % with you .

I use a trick to do this that it's not very convenient but it work if you have a very clear idea of how to use the off sets .

Basicly I select all the fixuters

Apply a Mark On wave to the all parameters ( all of them I P C B )

Set the off set globaly by typing it in the offset cell in the FX EDITOR ( for example ( 0>360 )

Store that as FX ( USE I P C B T FX ) store every thing into the FX pallette .

As soon you need that FX's offset " pallette " you can apply that FX to a group of fixture type

Remove the paramenters that you don't need
    so for example if you need only I remove the other paramenters

Then selected the right Wave ( sine cos or any wave you want ) to the remaning paramenters

As you may understand this is a completly BLIND operation , because applying a MARK OFF ( or any other Wave ) to all IPCB fixtures you will not see a very good resoult Live on stage , but I repeat , if you know exactly with are the right off set to apply to the fixtures , you can use this as a kind of Offset pallette .

But for sure will be easyer to copy/clone all of this paramenters using a CMD Line sintax , or by using just COPY and PASTE on right click on the selected parameters .
  • I agree 100 % with you .

I use a trick to do this that it's not very convenient but it work if you have a very clear idea of how to use the off sets .

Basicly I select all the fixuters

Apply a Mark On wave to the all parameters ( all of them I P C B )

Set the off set globaly by typing it in the offset cell in the FX EDITOR ( for example ( 0>360 )

Store that as FX ( USE I P C B T FX ) store every thing into the FX pallette .

As soon you need that FX's offset " pallette " you can apply that FX to a group of fixture type

Remove the paramenters that you don't need
    so for example if you need only I remove the other paramenters

Then selected the right Wave ( sine cos or any wave you want ) to the remaning paramenters

As you may understand this is a completly BLIND operation , because applying a MARK OFF ( or any other Wave ) to all IPCB fixtures you will not see a very good resoult Live on stage , but I repeat , if you know exactly with are the right off set to apply to the fixtures , you can use this as a kind of Offset pallette .

But for sure will be easyer to copy/clone all of this paramenters using a CMD Line sintax , or by using just COPY and PASTE on right click on the selected parameters .
Children
No Data
Related