clone values/effects from another parameter

I am missing the possibility to have a value of one parameter cloned to another one.
Very simple example: I have a bunch of washers with a sine on the cyan-wheel in the programmer and want to clone the exact effect on the magenta-wheel (including the offset of the lamps).
A new function or me not finding the right chapter in the manual?

A possible Syntax could be
"PIG+touch cyan wheel", COPY, "PIG+touch magenta wheel"
or something like that...
Jan
Parents
  • of course it doesn't make sense to copy cyan-wheel-effect onto a colorwheel with fixed colors (that's what you meant, Akito, right?).

@Emiliano
    One could built fx-palettes with all parameters in them, but as you wrote yourself, it's not really an option.
    The every-day-problem is that you set up an effect during programming, fine-tune and save it and then the client wanting exactly the opposite colors the next day. Not a big problem if you used a cuelist and worked with delay-times (so you only need to load maybe 10 cues and exchange a color), but many times using the fx-engine is enough and it's so easy - except that you have to start from scratch when you have to change cyan to magenta.
    And nobody who is not a lighting-programmer can understand why this should be difficult or time-consuming to have this effect running on the stage just in red instead of blue.

Jan
  • of course it doesn't make sense to copy cyan-wheel-effect onto a colorwheel with fixed colors (that's what you meant, Akito, right?).

@Emiliano
    One could built fx-palettes with all parameters in them, but as you wrote yourself, it's not really an option.
    The every-day-problem is that you set up an effect during programming, fine-tune and save it and then the client wanting exactly the opposite colors the next day. Not a big problem if you used a cuelist and worked with delay-times (so you only need to load maybe 10 cues and exchange a color), but many times using the fx-engine is enough and it's so easy - except that you have to start from scratch when you have to change cyan to magenta.
    And nobody who is not a lighting-programmer can understand why this should be difficult or time-consuming to have this effect running on the stage just in red instead of blue.

Jan
Children
No Data
Related