clone values/effects from another parameter

I am missing the possibility to have a value of one parameter cloned to another one.
Very simple example: I have a bunch of washers with a sine on the cyan-wheel in the programmer and want to clone the exact effect on the magenta-wheel (including the offset of the lamps).
A new function or me not finding the right chapter in the manual?

A possible Syntax could be
"PIG+touch cyan wheel", COPY, "PIG+touch magenta wheel"
or something like that...
Jan
Parents
  • [QUOTE=aphylotus]Hi Ross,
    I already thought about some kind of a Chase builder too. I thought of it like some kind of Wizard (Microsoft's favorite word a few years ago), which would then create the cuelist. You may select between the usual Chaser stuff we often create. Something like:
    1) How many steps
    2) what parameters should chase
    3) from x to y
    4) What chase, 1 after another, half/half, or whatever
    5) which "chase effect" to use (snap, sine)
    Snap : Cue 1 = 0%
    Cue 2 = 100%
    Cue 3 = 0% , then shift right 1 position
    Sine : cue1=0%,2 more 3 more 4=100% and back
    If anybody find this idea usefull, I will try to work this out further, about the user interaction.
    I guess it should only act as a creation wizard, it will create the cuelist with the given data and quits. You can then change the cuelist using the standard tools only. So it may be possible to plug it into the existing model.

Maybe add the facility to save your 'builder' as a template as well? So you can 'build' a 'chase builder' that does certain functions which don't change e.g. sine / step, the way the chase starts (all fixtures in one state, or do they follow each other in a wave etc.). You run that template, and only change the groups or the pallettes you want.

P
  • [QUOTE=aphylotus]Hi Ross,
    I already thought about some kind of a Chase builder too. I thought of it like some kind of Wizard (Microsoft's favorite word a few years ago), which would then create the cuelist. You may select between the usual Chaser stuff we often create. Something like:
    1) How many steps
    2) what parameters should chase
    3) from x to y
    4) What chase, 1 after another, half/half, or whatever
    5) which "chase effect" to use (snap, sine)
    Snap : Cue 1 = 0%
    Cue 2 = 100%
    Cue 3 = 0% , then shift right 1 position
    Sine : cue1=0%,2 more 3 more 4=100% and back
    If anybody find this idea usefull, I will try to work this out further, about the user interaction.
    I guess it should only act as a creation wizard, it will create the cuelist with the given data and quits. You can then change the cuelist using the standard tools only. So it may be possible to plug it into the existing model.

Maybe add the facility to save your 'builder' as a template as well? So you can 'build' a 'chase builder' that does certain functions which don't change e.g. sine / step, the way the chase starts (all fixtures in one state, or do they follow each other in a wave etc.). You run that template, and only change the groups or the pallettes you want.

P
Children
No Data
Related