Custom slot names

:notworthy: Can we have the ability to create our own names for slots rather than be tied to the ones already in the sytem?
Parents
  • Hi Tom,

For slots yes adding custom names is fine, however if a new “user descriptive label” layer is not introduced to the library model I’m concerned that the renaming of slots etc. will render things like fixture replacement unusable. Furthermore users will undoubtedly wish to label values appearing on the parameter wheels as discreet steps which may not even appear as slots, such as identifying values for media server libraries by name where a range of 0-255 is the normal value. I think there’s a wider issue here beyond simply adding new user slots. I’m sure others will have their thoughts also.

What would happen when a slot is replaced with a user selected one. Are the preset focus values for a programmed show broken or left in tact? What happens when a user slot is deleted but the show was programmed using that slot name?

Regards,

Ross
  • Hi Tom,

For slots yes adding custom names is fine, however if a new “user descriptive label” layer is not introduced to the library model I’m concerned that the renaming of slots etc. will render things like fixture replacement unusable. Furthermore users will undoubtedly wish to label values appearing on the parameter wheels as discreet steps which may not even appear as slots, such as identifying values for media server libraries by name where a range of 0-255 is the normal value. I think there’s a wider issue here beyond simply adding new user slots. I’m sure others will have their thoughts also.

What would happen when a slot is replaced with a user selected one. Are the preset focus values for a programmed show broken or left in tact? What happens when a user slot is deleted but the show was programmed using that slot name?

Regards,

Ross
Children
No Data
Related