What the heck happend here:

Take a look at the included picture, the console locked up complilty!

And it was showing of this nice lighting pattern at the playback controls,
is it a kind of message?

www.opsethgruppen.no/pub/hog/hog3lock.jpeg
  • Jan,

I'm sorry this caused you hassles, but I'm glad you were able to find out what caused your problem. This is another good reminder for all of us to run backups to ZIP or CD frequently.

Would the console not restart at all after you had this problem?
    I'm wondering if it would have been possible to restart and then run a backup.
  • Tom,

It would restart but it did lock up at once the log on screen did come up!

So I never was able to get to the shows/backup option!
  • [QUOTE=Jan Opseth]
    The console was sent to the dealer and the service tech called me today and said that it was a button on the frontpanel that had shorted, so he said he shuld take it on an long time test.

I have noted after working on the Hog III's we own that it is possible to catch the fader leads in between the bump button and the front panel face plate when putting the face plate back on. I would recommend taking great care that all faders are properly seated, wires cleared and the face plate correctly positioned prior to screwing it down. There is also a slight bit of adjustment to the plate. I've noticed that the rate thruster and intensity wheels can scrape slightly and you can correct this by tweeking the plate carefully before tightening down.
  • [quote=teerickson]Jon,

Based on the information I have, it was almost 4 years ago. Also remember that we updated almost every existing console to the newer firmware revision. I would really be amazed if anyone actually experienced and reported the original "Christmas Tree" problem.

To throw in my .02 here...it was indeed about 4 years ago. Fall of 02! There have been a few issues that would try and duplicate the Christmas Tree, but the front panel upgrade did indeed take care of things. Ah, back in the day...I remember the first time I saw that one. Things like that never happen at a good time. And don't tell anyone, but I know of at least one user that upgraded a few of those!
Related