More viewable resolution needed in CMY

Working with DL.2 a lot recently has led to some frustration that we cannot view the full set of 0>255 values in CMY.

Right now we can see 0>100%, but for example when setting up a DL.2 collage 1% on the Magenta (or Mod2) could be one of many grid cells in the collage. Or for that matter simply the Cyan (Mod2) to select which collage array is to be used.

This makes it almost impossible to create cues in blind or set up palletes offline for this stuff. The only pain-in-the-rear workaround I've found is to find out what DMX channel I'm working with and view the value in the DMX values window. This is FAR from ideal.:aiwebs_007:

So maybe we can have something like 0.2% or 10.3% displayed to get those other values in there. PLEASE!:D
Parents
  • Yep....but let's give Steve and the guys some time to get this done properly...it's a lot harder than it sounds b/c any changes made affect ALL the other fixture that use CMY color model....i.e. -just about everything.:eek:

You won't get any proper feedback using FX #1 unless you have a DMX chart and look at the DMX processing window to get the actual value going to those channels....a total pain....which everyone understands.

For now, I've been doing my collages on Global FX#2 to take advantage of the "Discrete" values in the new library profile for FX#2 Modifiers.:)
  • Yep....but let's give Steve and the guys some time to get this done properly...it's a lot harder than it sounds b/c any changes made affect ALL the other fixture that use CMY color model....i.e. -just about everything.:eek:

You won't get any proper feedback using FX #1 unless you have a DMX chart and look at the DMX processing window to get the actual value going to those channels....a total pain....which everyone understands.

For now, I've been doing my collages on Global FX#2 to take advantage of the "Discrete" values in the new library profile for FX#2 Modifiers.:)
Children
No Data
Related