Encoders for Repeats and Buddies

It would be really cool if there could be a way to map the Repeats and Buddies functions to encoders. Maybe they could live as a second wheelset under Effects?

Think of the possibilities when used in conjuction with Fan!
Parents
  • Very True Tom but a selector choice giving the ability to pick the frame as a timecode time value would be a tremendous advantage. Since most files are either 25 fps or 29.97 fps, there would only be a need for a modifier. For example it could say "timecode format" and have a choice of the frame rate type in the pop up list.
    It's a lot like cue timing and cuelist rate. When my cuelist rate is at 10% and I put in 2 seconds for a crossfade time, I'll actually get a 20 second crossfade. The same is true here. If I have a file that is less than 16 seconds for example, then it wouldn't matter if I had a count format of 29.97 or of 30 because the rounding is still up to the same frame number.
    Now if I'm running content created at 29.97 at 25 then yes, I would have a divergence but that is why I am saying "options."
    Almost every single time I use a media server, I'm at 29.97 and I'm sure this is true for many others. However, just to account for variations, I could point out that Richard built a whole list into Cat V4 for frame rates, and it wouldn't be so hard to create the same kind of list on Hog.
  • Very True Tom but a selector choice giving the ability to pick the frame as a timecode time value would be a tremendous advantage. Since most files are either 25 fps or 29.97 fps, there would only be a need for a modifier. For example it could say "timecode format" and have a choice of the frame rate type in the pop up list.
    It's a lot like cue timing and cuelist rate. When my cuelist rate is at 10% and I put in 2 seconds for a crossfade time, I'll actually get a 20 second crossfade. The same is true here. If I have a file that is less than 16 seconds for example, then it wouldn't matter if I had a count format of 29.97 or of 30 because the rounding is still up to the same frame number.
    Now if I'm running content created at 29.97 at 25 then yes, I would have a divergence but that is why I am saying "options."
    Almost every single time I use a media server, I'm at 29.97 and I'm sure this is true for many others. However, just to account for variations, I could point out that Richard built a whole list into Cat V4 for frame rates, and it wouldn't be so hard to create the same kind of list on Hog.
Children
No Data
Related