Rearranging Columns in Editor

I notice that I am unable to rearrange columns in editor windows when I'm in compact mode. I wonder if this is a bug or could we add this feature in future upgrades. I was running Hog 3 PC on a Hog IPC. ver 2 software.

Oh yes, another issue is that whenever I updating a cue, why do I have to hold down the Update button then I can disable the Forward button. I hope that I could disable the Forward button like in Hog 2 without using 2 hands.
Parents
  • Wee,

Compact mode intelligently arranges spreadsheets for the most efficient use of space on the screen. When it does this, columns no longer remain consistent across different types of fixtures because the columns for parameters not supported by specific fixture types are hidden from view. The problem is that to be able to order columns, we would have to handle this at the fixture level, rather than for the whole spreadsheet. This would also mean that sorting by something other than fixture type would rearrange the columns. As you have found, this is something that we don't currently support.

When you are updating an object that is open in an editor, pressing and releasing update applies all changes to that object. This is because you have specifically opened an object for editing and it's logical that you would want to apply changes to that object. For most of the people, most of the time, this will be the most efficient way of updating (without adding an additional keystroke). If you make edits in the programmer, pressing update will bring up the auto-update dialog, which will allow you to choose which object(s) to update and make selections from the update toolbar.

I hope this helps.
  • Wee,

Compact mode intelligently arranges spreadsheets for the most efficient use of space on the screen. When it does this, columns no longer remain consistent across different types of fixtures because the columns for parameters not supported by specific fixture types are hidden from view. The problem is that to be able to order columns, we would have to handle this at the fixture level, rather than for the whole spreadsheet. This would also mean that sorting by something other than fixture type would rearrange the columns. As you have found, this is something that we don't currently support.

When you are updating an object that is open in an editor, pressing and releasing update applies all changes to that object. This is because you have specifically opened an object for editing and it's logical that you would want to apply changes to that object. For most of the people, most of the time, this will be the most efficient way of updating (without adding an additional keystroke). If you make edits in the programmer, pressing update will bring up the auto-update dialog, which will allow you to choose which object(s) to update and make selections from the update toolbar.

I hope this helps.
Children
No Data
Related