Rearranging Columns in Editor

I notice that I am unable to rearrange columns in editor windows when I'm in compact mode. I wonder if this is a bug or could we add this feature in future upgrades. I was running Hog 3 PC on a Hog IPC. ver 2 software.

Oh yes, another issue is that whenever I updating a cue, why do I have to hold down the Update button then I can disable the Forward button. I hope that I could disable the Forward button like in Hog 2 without using 2 hands.
  • Wee,

Compact mode intelligently arranges spreadsheets for the most efficient use of space on the screen. When it does this, columns no longer remain consistent across different types of fixtures because the columns for parameters not supported by specific fixture types are hidden from view. The problem is that to be able to order columns, we would have to handle this at the fixture level, rather than for the whole spreadsheet. This would also mean that sorting by something other than fixture type would rearrange the columns. As you have found, this is something that we don't currently support.

When you are updating an object that is open in an editor, pressing and releasing update applies all changes to that object. This is because you have specifically opened an object for editing and it's logical that you would want to apply changes to that object. For most of the people, most of the time, this will be the most efficient way of updating (without adding an additional keystroke). If you make edits in the programmer, pressing update will bring up the auto-update dialog, which will allow you to choose which object(s) to update and make selections from the update toolbar.

I hope this helps.
  • Hi Tom,
    I guess most of the user will run in Compact mode rather than the normal spreadsheet. If we could arrange how we want the columns in future, I believe it would be very helpful. Especially when you have designers who just like to see the important details in a screen.

As for update, I guess I was clear enough in explaining my problems. I actually understand the concept of update and how to use it. The problem I'm having now is that everytime if I make a change and I want to update the changes to Cue only, I realise I have to push and hold down Update to get the auto-update pop out window and then I'm able to disable the track forward button. If I push and release the Update button, no matter how I try to click the Track Forward button, it does not disable it. In Hog 2, I just need to push the Update button and release it, then I can disable the Track Forward button without having to hold down Update button. I hope I explain my problem clearly this time. Thanks!!!
  • Hey Tom, Is there any way to see only the "use" parameter in the editor?

For example: if i choose all Studio Color @ Full and add 100% magenta, the editor will show only the Int parameter and the Magenta parameter.
  • [quote=foxrider]In Hog 2, I just need to push the Update button and release it, then I can disable the Track Forward button without having to hold down Update button. I hope I explain my problem clearly this time. Thanks!!!
    Hi foxrider
    That could be the same with Hog III if you do

cue 1 open, doing all changes you want and push update, Cue 1 is updated

I hope this helps
  • could we add an option for only desk channels to be compacted. They eat up so much space in the output/programming views.
  • [quote=stephlight]Hi foxrider
    That could be the same with Hog III if you do

cue 1 open, doing all changes you want and push update, Cue 1 is updated

I hope this helps

Opps, another person who doesn't understand my problem. :( Stephlight, I really know how to use the update function but I want to say that when I press and release the update button, I can't disable the Forward button. Only by holding down Update then can I disable the Forward button.
Related