Creating a new cuelist from cues in other lists

Hey everyone,

Here's what I'm trying to do. I have 20 cues in 20 different cue lists that I want to copy into one single cue list. What is the best way to copy the exact look created by each cue into the new list without having each cue track forward?

Thanks!
Parents
  • Adam,

When you press copy, the main toolbar at the bottom of the right screen changes to a copy options toolbar. One of the options on this bar is "State". When you copy with state, it copies the state of every parameter of every fixture that was used to build the output state. This basically mean every parameter that has been touched or controlled by the cuelist until that point.

The next thing you will probably want to do is turn on the Cue Only option for your new cuelist in the cuelist options window. This will turn off tracking for the cuelist. The reason that you want to do this is because copying with state doesn't necessarily block every parameter of every fixture.

For example, let's assume that you have a rig of 100 fixtures and 10 of them are Studio Color 575s. If you have a list that only controls the color of the Studio Colors and doesn't touch any other parameters, when you copy the state of a cue on that list it will only grab the color for those fixtures. If you put this in the middle of your new cuelist, any other parameter values will be able to track into this cue from the previous cues.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions.
  • Adam,

When you press copy, the main toolbar at the bottom of the right screen changes to a copy options toolbar. One of the options on this bar is "State". When you copy with state, it copies the state of every parameter of every fixture that was used to build the output state. This basically mean every parameter that has been touched or controlled by the cuelist until that point.

The next thing you will probably want to do is turn on the Cue Only option for your new cuelist in the cuelist options window. This will turn off tracking for the cuelist. The reason that you want to do this is because copying with state doesn't necessarily block every parameter of every fixture.

For example, let's assume that you have a rig of 100 fixtures and 10 of them are Studio Color 575s. If you have a list that only controls the color of the Studio Colors and doesn't touch any other parameters, when you copy the state of a cue on that list it will only grab the color for those fixtures. If you put this in the middle of your new cuelist, any other parameter values will be able to track into this cue from the previous cues.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Children
No Data
Related