fade time with macros

Is there a way to fade out a chase, or some endless linked follow-cues, running in an other cue-list than the active chooser using a macro command. So the chase is still running, and fading out. The macro should give the fade out-time. To mine opinion the syntax would be, for example: FM8/0t10, this is not working, M8 fades in 0s. to 0. I am only allowed to do this with RM8t10, but then there is a halt at the cue that was running in the chase and M8 releases in the given time. But I want to see the chase slowly fading out. Does anyone know a solution?

sander
Parents
  • Currently there isn't any implementation for applying timing to macros but I do believe that I have a decent work around for you...

How about creating a virtual cuelist with a cue that fades all of the fixtures in the chase to zero. Then you can use a macro (GL#) to fire that list. The chase will fade out as well as continue to run. You could then create a second cue in the virtual cuelist to fade the fixtures in the chase back in.

Work of caution with this workaround: If the only thing running in the chase is intensity values then you will need to set the chase to persist on overide so that the chase doesn't release when the second cuelist faders everything to zero.

Let me know if this works for you.
  • Currently there isn't any implementation for applying timing to macros but I do believe that I have a decent work around for you...

How about creating a virtual cuelist with a cue that fades all of the fixtures in the chase to zero. Then you can use a macro (GL#) to fire that list. The chase will fade out as well as continue to run. You could then create a second cue in the virtual cuelist to fade the fixtures in the chase back in.

Work of caution with this workaround: If the only thing running in the chase is intensity values then you will need to set the chase to persist on overide so that the chase doesn't release when the second cuelist faders everything to zero.

Let me know if this works for you.
Children
No Data
Related