fade time with macros

Is there a way to fade out a chase, or some endless linked follow-cues, running in an other cue-list than the active chooser using a macro command. So the chase is still running, and fading out. The macro should give the fade out-time. To mine opinion the syntax would be, for example: FM8/0t10, this is not working, M8 fades in 0s. to 0. I am only allowed to do this with RM8t10, but then there is a halt at the cue that was running in the chase and M8 releases in the given time. But I want to see the chase slowly fading out. Does anyone know a solution?

sander
Parents
  • Something we are forgetting to consider here guys is that if a "chase" list is a dimmer chase list, then when a "fade-out" list is triggered, it will take precedence over the current step in the chase. If its priority is higher, the effect will be that all intensities in the new lists will persist.
    Try to look at this from a different perspective.

Create an FX dimmer chase. Build your intensities on one master. Then create an FX with no dim priorities on a second master.

Say you have 4 lights chasing. Set the FX to STEP, in offset type 0 thru 270, enter. Set length to 25% and size to 100%.

Now fader 1 is the intensity of all four. Fader two will manually fade the dim size from 100 to 0. If fader 1 is at zero, the chase runs.

Now on fader 2, you can brin down intensity or create a second cue in fader two's list with size at 0% an the timing you define is the fade-out time.

Please note, the level of fader 1 in this scenario will have different effects on the visible output.

To simplify even further, include intensity at 100% on your FX chase in step 1 and 0% in step 2 and you have a single vmaster chase.

The only thing you loose in this is instant rate control from the wheel (hog 3, not pc, ipc, or rh). If however this is just some chase you are triggering from a macro command, I assume it's a vmaster you don't have ready access to anyway.

A solution for this, is to open your editor of step 1 and record a view. Then, when it runs, turn off blind and you have rate control. You can even build that view grab into a macro on your show page.
  • Something we are forgetting to consider here guys is that if a "chase" list is a dimmer chase list, then when a "fade-out" list is triggered, it will take precedence over the current step in the chase. If its priority is higher, the effect will be that all intensities in the new lists will persist.
    Try to look at this from a different perspective.

Create an FX dimmer chase. Build your intensities on one master. Then create an FX with no dim priorities on a second master.

Say you have 4 lights chasing. Set the FX to STEP, in offset type 0 thru 270, enter. Set length to 25% and size to 100%.

Now fader 1 is the intensity of all four. Fader two will manually fade the dim size from 100 to 0. If fader 1 is at zero, the chase runs.

Now on fader 2, you can brin down intensity or create a second cue in fader two's list with size at 0% an the timing you define is the fade-out time.

Please note, the level of fader 1 in this scenario will have different effects on the visible output.

To simplify even further, include intensity at 100% on your FX chase in step 1 and 0% in step 2 and you have a single vmaster chase.

The only thing you loose in this is instant rate control from the wheel (hog 3, not pc, ipc, or rh). If however this is just some chase you are triggering from a macro command, I assume it's a vmaster you don't have ready access to anyway.

A solution for this, is to open your editor of step 1 and record a view. Then, when it runs, turn off blind and you have rate control. You can even build that view grab into a macro on your show page.
Children
No Data
Related