split pages

I would like to be able to change the page of playback wings independently from the main playback. The problem I see is when looking at the pages view. How do you display the extra page information? I would say use open + next page on the playback wing to open page info.
Parents
  • Marty gave a great description of additive views. If you open up the views directory (Open + View) and look at it in spreadsheet mode, there is an additive column that can be set to Yes or No. If a view is not set as additive, when that view is recalled it will close all open windows and then recall only the windows stored in the view. When an additive view is recalled, it recalls the windows stored in the view on top of any other windows that are already open.

I generally make a couple of non-additive views that arrange the windows on my screens that I want open most of the time while I'm programming. Then I will record additive views for windows like the effects engine and the colour picker that I may want to open momentarily to change settings while I'm programming.

My thought for additive views would operate in much the same way. When an additive page is recalled, either from the command line, the page directory, or with the next page button, rather than clearing all of the masters and then loading the playbacks from the new page, the playbacks for the new page would be loaded onto their appropriate masters and all other masters not used in the additive page would still have the playbacks from the previous page on them. This would allow users to build pages that would only affect the masters they wanted and wouldn't change the interface significantly or limit them to groups of 10. The standard page change rules (release all, leave in background, holdover if active) would still apply.

So...

What do you think of this idea?
    What have I missed? Is there anything else we could do that would make this functionality even better?
    What other situations do you find difficult to deal with when using our current page functionality?

Thanks.
  • Marty gave a great description of additive views. If you open up the views directory (Open + View) and look at it in spreadsheet mode, there is an additive column that can be set to Yes or No. If a view is not set as additive, when that view is recalled it will close all open windows and then recall only the windows stored in the view. When an additive view is recalled, it recalls the windows stored in the view on top of any other windows that are already open.

I generally make a couple of non-additive views that arrange the windows on my screens that I want open most of the time while I'm programming. Then I will record additive views for windows like the effects engine and the colour picker that I may want to open momentarily to change settings while I'm programming.

My thought for additive views would operate in much the same way. When an additive page is recalled, either from the command line, the page directory, or with the next page button, rather than clearing all of the masters and then loading the playbacks from the new page, the playbacks for the new page would be loaded onto their appropriate masters and all other masters not used in the additive page would still have the playbacks from the previous page on them. This would allow users to build pages that would only affect the masters they wanted and wouldn't change the interface significantly or limit them to groups of 10. The standard page change rules (release all, leave in background, holdover if active) would still apply.

So...

What do you think of this idea?
    What have I missed? Is there anything else we could do that would make this functionality even better?
    What other situations do you find difficult to deal with when using our current page functionality?

Thanks.
Children
No Data
Related