Group FX

While I was teaching one of my studets threw this kind of idea...
Could it be possible to have a FX in amount of fixtures running the FX.

So, for example you have a rainbow in a group of fixtures containing 12 fixtures. With this modifier you could limit the FX to one fixture and when you put the modifier to full FX is run on all fixtures.
Parents
  • I now tested this a bit with Hog...
    Like Tom said something can be achieved by using Fan with FX size.
    But theres some problems.
    I used basic rainbow with 13 fixtures and fanned the FX size using center fan
    1) When I fan the size I get the result. The rainbow goes to middle fixture.
    But I cant take out the FX of the middle fixture with fan on. Though it is obvious cause that's the way fan works.
    2) Getting back from middle -> side is bit difficult cause fan starts to add values to sides, not from middle -> side. Though, again it is the way how fan works and there's no inverse center fan (or is there?)

Maybe this also explains a bit what I'm trying to achieve.
  • I now tested this a bit with Hog...
    Like Tom said something can be achieved by using Fan with FX size.
    But theres some problems.
    I used basic rainbow with 13 fixtures and fanned the FX size using center fan
    1) When I fan the size I get the result. The rainbow goes to middle fixture.
    But I cant take out the FX of the middle fixture with fan on. Though it is obvious cause that's the way fan works.
    2) Getting back from middle -> side is bit difficult cause fan starts to add values to sides, not from middle -> side. Though, again it is the way how fan works and there's no inverse center fan (or is there?)

Maybe this also explains a bit what I'm trying to achieve.
Children
No Data
Related