Enhanced Goto command

Can we have an enhanced Goto function where I can, from the command line, enter the syntax:

List # Goto #

or perhaps also

Scene # Goto
Parents
  • [quote=Marty Postma]
    Well I'm sure you already know that if you set "Release All" under user prefs.

Right Marty, I just wish my shows were shows going black after each song, then this wouldn't be a problems. I would set "Release All" and not worry about it. Sadly though Every damned song leads into the next and there is never a time when I am totally black. I usually use "Leave In Background" for just about everything. This is especially true when building very complex songs where I might be using one page of empty cuelists and macros to trigger litterallty a few dozen cuelists on other pages.

Ultimatelty the problem becomes having to release a page of lists after I have already made active lists on the new page.

[quote=Marty Postma]
    Don't forget you can have pages fire comment macros. Use the little speadsheet icon from the top toolbar of your Page directory to see the Macro column all the way to the right. These are the same as cuelist macros.

Is this what you're looking for? :)

Since the song order is always changing and since so many things happen on the fly, I can't go through and build page macros that I can count on. Yes, in a single song where I have 3 or 4 pages of cuelists, I will do this since sometimes switing from verse to pre-chorus to bridge etc is more predictable that what song might be next.

I think what I would still like to see if there were command line tools where I could Goto a specific cue in a cuelist or release a specific cuelist.
  • [quote=Marty Postma]
    Well I'm sure you already know that if you set "Release All" under user prefs.

Right Marty, I just wish my shows were shows going black after each song, then this wouldn't be a problems. I would set "Release All" and not worry about it. Sadly though Every damned song leads into the next and there is never a time when I am totally black. I usually use "Leave In Background" for just about everything. This is especially true when building very complex songs where I might be using one page of empty cuelists and macros to trigger litterallty a few dozen cuelists on other pages.

Ultimatelty the problem becomes having to release a page of lists after I have already made active lists on the new page.

[quote=Marty Postma]
    Don't forget you can have pages fire comment macros. Use the little speadsheet icon from the top toolbar of your Page directory to see the Macro column all the way to the right. These are the same as cuelist macros.

Is this what you're looking for? :)

Since the song order is always changing and since so many things happen on the fly, I can't go through and build page macros that I can count on. Yes, in a single song where I have 3 or 4 pages of cuelists, I will do this since sometimes switing from verse to pre-chorus to bridge etc is more predictable that what song might be next.

I think what I would still like to see if there were command line tools where I could Goto a specific cue in a cuelist or release a specific cuelist.
Children
No Data
Related