Enhanced Goto command

Can we have an enhanced Goto function where I can, from the command line, enter the syntax:

List # Goto #

or perhaps also

Scene # Goto
Parents
  • [quote=bellons]
    ...I don't know what your specific needs are...

Well, I'm the crazy eccentric lighting and set design artists that spent 10 years doing lighting for big raves and then started programming lighting rigs and media servers for award shows and corporate events.
    So of course when I took a job lighting in a production obsessed Mega Church, they wanted the complexity of an award show with the flash of a rave.

This means a big show on a big rig with tons of LEDs, Movers, Conventionals, and Media Servers. Oh and since I'm not the board opp but newbie volunteers are, I have to program the whole show so that an idiot can figure it out.

To make things even more complex, there is an inventory of over 100 songs for the praise and worship. Then there's the fact that every single week there are several brand new special elements, songs, dramatic pieces, that require custom programming.

It wouldn't be a challenger but it's a Church and anyone of you out there in Hog forum land who have every had a Church client knows that everything is last minute. In addition to that, since everyone of the Church performers believes that everything should be spontaneous (on a timecoded show no less), all I can do is account for literally any contingency.

So "what are my needs..."
    I need volunteers who understand something about programming. I've got people who can't even remember how to home a light or douse it's lamp correctly.

[quote=bellons]
    ...a page per song basis gives us the flexibility we are looking for...

Oh did I mention there is never a black out? Every single element runs together. This makes it hard to release a page and move on to the next one. It also make it hard to "hold over" because I need that next fader before I release the cuelist active on it.

I agree with you in the real world. I suppose we'll have to tell the Church that in the real world we'd have two expert opps and Expansion wings for every service.

[quote=bellons]
    I do believe that most of the times the best solution is the simplest one.

Well I suppose if I didn't blow them out of the water the first time, they wouldn't expect the same complexity every single week. But you can't forget, this is a Church. They expect miracles in those places haha. Unfortunately they don't have the same budgets that a client like IBM would have.
  • [quote=bellons]
    ...I don't know what your specific needs are...

Well, I'm the crazy eccentric lighting and set design artists that spent 10 years doing lighting for big raves and then started programming lighting rigs and media servers for award shows and corporate events.
    So of course when I took a job lighting in a production obsessed Mega Church, they wanted the complexity of an award show with the flash of a rave.

This means a big show on a big rig with tons of LEDs, Movers, Conventionals, and Media Servers. Oh and since I'm not the board opp but newbie volunteers are, I have to program the whole show so that an idiot can figure it out.

To make things even more complex, there is an inventory of over 100 songs for the praise and worship. Then there's the fact that every single week there are several brand new special elements, songs, dramatic pieces, that require custom programming.

It wouldn't be a challenger but it's a Church and anyone of you out there in Hog forum land who have every had a Church client knows that everything is last minute. In addition to that, since everyone of the Church performers believes that everything should be spontaneous (on a timecoded show no less), all I can do is account for literally any contingency.

So "what are my needs..."
    I need volunteers who understand something about programming. I've got people who can't even remember how to home a light or douse it's lamp correctly.

[quote=bellons]
    ...a page per song basis gives us the flexibility we are looking for...

Oh did I mention there is never a black out? Every single element runs together. This makes it hard to release a page and move on to the next one. It also make it hard to "hold over" because I need that next fader before I release the cuelist active on it.

I agree with you in the real world. I suppose we'll have to tell the Church that in the real world we'd have two expert opps and Expansion wings for every service.

[quote=bellons]
    I do believe that most of the times the best solution is the simplest one.

Well I suppose if I didn't blow them out of the water the first time, they wouldn't expect the same complexity every single week. But you can't forget, this is a Church. They expect miracles in those places haha. Unfortunately they don't have the same budgets that a client like IBM would have.
Children
No Data
Related