Enhanced Goto command

Can we have an enhanced Goto function where I can, from the command line, enter the syntax:

List # Goto #

or perhaps also

Scene # Goto
  • hey Todd, didn't want to start whatever controversy here.
    If you say you need one page of cuelists and macros to trigger something else, well I have to believe you (mentioning that, as far as I know, in a single comment macro field you can put as many macros as you want doesn't make any difference). You said that the running order is always changing and for this reason you can't build page macros you can count on and you said you never have blackout in between songs. For this specific reason I said that simplicity might be a good workaround.
    A simple Live suck would probably give you the time to pig release and scroll to the page you need. As a programmer I tend to be little bit complex and sometimes I find that the best solution is getting myself back to the simplicity track.

I might be missing something here but if you're talking about loads of led fixtures, movers, conventonals and media servers I guess an expansion wing might be something they should start thinking about for the budget you mentioned shouldn't be a significant problem whatsoever. Can't get a wing? get a cheap laptop networked and 10 extra faders are a click far away.

The real world you're talking about is really different I reckon.
    The real world I'm used to is the one where I have to program everything in a couple of hours in a venue where turning the sun light coming in off is not among the possible options. That is more guessing than programming.
    The real world I know is the one where after programming with the above mentioned condition you have a five minutes talk with your client to figure out what it might or might not happen.
    Personally I find much more interesting and stimulating a complex programming than a simple guess what your programming looks like.
    thanks Marco
  • Todd,

Does the page change preference "leave in background" help you as you jump from page to page? I haven't used it, but it looks like you could change pages just prior to the next song, then the first cue on the new page would have to be a state-type cue to get everything where you want it and stomp all of the virtual lists that are running. Getting beam and position parameters transitioned would still be a challenge, but at least the page change would be painless and operator friendly.

Jim
  • Jim,

One other way to handle this would be to have your between song transition look on a handle that is on your template page. This way you can move from your last song cue into your transition look (which is on all pages), then change page and run the mark cue that gets you into your next song.
  • [quote=teerickson]...then change page and run the mark cue that gets you into your next song.

Don't forget that you could have your Page fire a comment macro to automatically run your mark and/or first cue. So no matter where you are coming from your page will always fire that cue.
Related