Hog Ipc Restarted?

Hi,

I wanted to know if anyone has every experienced the issue (s) ive been having with an IPC console.

I updated to 1775 and I still get the occasional BSOD. Somtimes, one or two a day, sometimes none. They have said stuff about USB and another msg i could decipher.

When I updated i could not get to XPE 8.3 becuase i could not boot from the CD so i just updated everything on its own (except XPE, which is still 7.9)

So anyway, today i was running a show when the console just restarted. Out of nowhere. No error msg no Blue Screen and no Task List. Just a radom restart. It couldnt have been a power issue because i have the board on a UPS. I have no idea what could have caused it, but it wasnt good. All i was doing at the time was running one cuelist on a master with 2 addition "Scenes" on two other seperate masters.

Anyone have any input.
there was Absolutly no feedback from the console as far as error messages for this issue and it was fine for the rest of the show.

Thanks!
Jon
Parents
  • Hi,
    this is an unlikely one but it is possible within the Bios settings of IPC to change the boot sequence of the CD,one reason that the bios settings could have changed is if the internal battery may have been changed.
    if you have a look around the site there is a PDF document explaining the exact settings that the IPC should have, again backup all shows before any change with the BIOS,the reason i'm saying this is because you can burn CD's within file manager which is a good thing.
    As with previous poster i would re-burn a new copy of the iso just to rule out a corrupt copy or similar before going anywhere near the bios settings.

Regards C
  • Hi,
    this is an unlikely one but it is possible within the Bios settings of IPC to change the boot sequence of the CD,one reason that the bios settings could have changed is if the internal battery may have been changed.
    if you have a look around the site there is a PDF document explaining the exact settings that the IPC should have, again backup all shows before any change with the BIOS,the reason i'm saying this is because you can burn CD's within file manager which is a good thing.
    As with previous poster i would re-burn a new copy of the iso just to rule out a corrupt copy or similar before going anywhere near the bios settings.

Regards C
Children
No Data
Related