Encoder Module

How about a usb encoder module? Four encoders, just like on the programer and consoles that I can just add to my tabletPC to help focus fixtures a bit easier. I love my tablet as a remote, but pan and tilt can be a bit tricky without real encoders.

Pleeeeeeease! I'll be your best friend!
Parents
  • aw man, the 3PC-on-a-Tablet experience has been just sittin there on the top of my Supreme Ridiculousness list.

i'll tell ya, it's such an easy fix, too. i sometimes stay up late at night just wondering what revolutionary and mind-blowing stunt my hog's about to bust out with, that this issue isn't worthy of addressing just yet...

and it doesn't even need to be perfect. i'd be thrilled to have my stylus work, even if it means i have to lift my mouse to continue rolling down once i've gotten to the bottom of the screen (for those.... rare..... times when i use a mouse on my tablet's encoder wheels....????)

seriously. if GetSystemMetrics(SM_TABLETPC) says i'm on a tablet, i'd like for my cursor to not be moved out from under me while i'm trying to work. that's all.

i don't even mind having context menus pop up underneath my hand.

and just so we all know, the stylus's enemies:
    encoder wheels
    i-wheel
    rate wheel
    trackball
  • aw man, the 3PC-on-a-Tablet experience has been just sittin there on the top of my Supreme Ridiculousness list.

i'll tell ya, it's such an easy fix, too. i sometimes stay up late at night just wondering what revolutionary and mind-blowing stunt my hog's about to bust out with, that this issue isn't worthy of addressing just yet...

and it doesn't even need to be perfect. i'd be thrilled to have my stylus work, even if it means i have to lift my mouse to continue rolling down once i've gotten to the bottom of the screen (for those.... rare..... times when i use a mouse on my tablet's encoder wheels....????)

seriously. if GetSystemMetrics(SM_TABLETPC) says i'm on a tablet, i'd like for my cursor to not be moved out from under me while i'm trying to work. that's all.

i don't even mind having context menus pop up underneath my hand.

and just so we all know, the stylus's enemies:
    encoder wheels
    i-wheel
    rate wheel
    trackball
Children
No Data
Related