Encoder Module

How about a usb encoder module? Four encoders, just like on the programer and consoles that I can just add to my tabletPC to help focus fixtures a bit easier. I love my tablet as a remote, but pan and tilt can be a bit tricky without real encoders.

Pleeeeeeease! I'll be your best friend!
Parents
  • [quote=leebot]Why not just use a piglet. Like the one I built using a small touchscreen pc and a programming wing. It is so much nicer having the actual wing. I haven't put a shoulder strap on it but that is comming next. Even though the pc is light the wing is a little heavy.
    Lee,

That's nice, but it's still a bit too bulky for me. Is that the Q1? I looked at that, but after talking to Tom, I realized that there are key combinations that you can't do with a straight TabletPC. I opted for the convertible Lenovo, which gives me full touch screen ability plus a real keyboard that acts as the programmer...now I just need a small module with four encoders to help with focusing.

Yes, there is no mapping of the encoders. This is why I think HES should come up with something.
  • [quote=leebot]Why not just use a piglet. Like the one I built using a small touchscreen pc and a programming wing. It is so much nicer having the actual wing. I haven't put a shoulder strap on it but that is comming next. Even though the pc is light the wing is a little heavy.
    Lee,

That's nice, but it's still a bit too bulky for me. Is that the Q1? I looked at that, but after talking to Tom, I realized that there are key combinations that you can't do with a straight TabletPC. I opted for the convertible Lenovo, which gives me full touch screen ability plus a real keyboard that acts as the programmer...now I just need a small module with four encoders to help with focusing.

Yes, there is no mapping of the encoders. This is why I think HES should come up with something.
Children
No Data
Related