Encoder Module

How about a usb encoder module? Four encoders, just like on the programer and consoles that I can just add to my tabletPC to help focus fixtures a bit easier. I love my tablet as a remote, but pan and tilt can be a bit tricky without real encoders.

Pleeeeeeease! I'll be your best friend!
Parents
  • yeah, this is something i threw together on a monday, so there's not a lot of helpful error checking. for that i'm sorry.

i see it working just fine against 1809.

without knowing what error you recieved (and what state the program was in: before the icon appears in the system tray / before the encoders appear on the programmer or front panel / during normal use *AND* whether 3PC was started before the encoders, after the encoders, or not running at all), it's kinda hard to say what could be going on.

the only thing i can think of that could cause a critical error is not having both the .Net Framework 2.0 (again, version 2.0, not just 1.0 or 1.1 or 3.0 or 3.5...) and Hog3PC installed on the machine you're trying to use the encoders on.

i'm happy to take the time to figure it out, just let me know what your error is, what state the software's in, and that you're absolutely certain that you have the requiremed software installed, and i'll get on it.
  • yeah, this is something i threw together on a monday, so there's not a lot of helpful error checking. for that i'm sorry.

i see it working just fine against 1809.

without knowing what error you recieved (and what state the program was in: before the icon appears in the system tray / before the encoders appear on the programmer or front panel / during normal use *AND* whether 3PC was started before the encoders, after the encoders, or not running at all), it's kinda hard to say what could be going on.

the only thing i can think of that could cause a critical error is not having both the .Net Framework 2.0 (again, version 2.0, not just 1.0 or 1.1 or 3.0 or 3.5...) and Hog3PC installed on the machine you're trying to use the encoders on.

i'm happy to take the time to figure it out, just let me know what your error is, what state the software's in, and that you're absolutely certain that you have the requiremed software installed, and i'll get on it.
Children
No Data
Related