Road Hog questions

Does the Road Hog support additional monitors and if so, touchscreen capable?
Why does it not support DMX widgets? If it's windows XP embedded and is using the normal Hog III software, it should support any USB expansion that any IPC, PC, or other Hog III compatible console will.
Parents
  • [quote=bradpepe]You are all correct here. The Road Hog was designed to fill the market gap where the Hog 500/1000 consoles used to fit. As stated the Hog 500/100 had only 2 universes, one small non-touch screen, no support for wings, and the older Wholehog 2 OS.

While the Road Hog is not expandable, it does have many exciting features and is alot of console for the price.

I do not agree with the idea that the Road Hog is a lot of console for the money.
    Let's look at Hog PC 2 or 3. I have just over $10k in my system and can expand it to 8 universes and can run up to 8 monitors (XP) if I so desired too. I have 20 faders (2 wings) and 1 program wing. I can network my system and expand it even further.
    Now lets look at the Hog 3 software. designed to run at least 2 DP2000 or super widgets and expands with additional wings. can network.
    Road Hog runs Hog 3 software. Why would you restrict the access to these expansions and networking when the software already has the capability? That means someone had to spend time to reinvent the wheel to limit the sofware from working to it's full and designed potential.
    As far as monitor expansion, that is not a big addition since the console is Windows embedded anyway. It's not like you can expand to more DMX outputs, monitors, and networking without the purchase of the hardware.
    I used to have a Hog 1000 and sold it to buy the PC system when is became first available and I got stuck with 2 single widgets that say Hog 3 right on them and yet they don't work with Hog 3 without an upgrade.
    Can you say bend over? I now have in addition a super widget.
    Everyone who waited to buy the PC system until the newer widgets came out didn't have to pay for any upgrades while us early birds do.
    So tell me again how the Road Hog at $12,000 ish is a lot of board for the money? I have a Hog 3 PC system that can do anything a Hog 3 console can do for less than half the money for one and have 3 touch screen monitors; all larger than the ones on any console.
  • [quote=bradpepe]You are all correct here. The Road Hog was designed to fill the market gap where the Hog 500/1000 consoles used to fit. As stated the Hog 500/100 had only 2 universes, one small non-touch screen, no support for wings, and the older Wholehog 2 OS.

While the Road Hog is not expandable, it does have many exciting features and is alot of console for the price.

I do not agree with the idea that the Road Hog is a lot of console for the money.
    Let's look at Hog PC 2 or 3. I have just over $10k in my system and can expand it to 8 universes and can run up to 8 monitors (XP) if I so desired too. I have 20 faders (2 wings) and 1 program wing. I can network my system and expand it even further.
    Now lets look at the Hog 3 software. designed to run at least 2 DP2000 or super widgets and expands with additional wings. can network.
    Road Hog runs Hog 3 software. Why would you restrict the access to these expansions and networking when the software already has the capability? That means someone had to spend time to reinvent the wheel to limit the sofware from working to it's full and designed potential.
    As far as monitor expansion, that is not a big addition since the console is Windows embedded anyway. It's not like you can expand to more DMX outputs, monitors, and networking without the purchase of the hardware.
    I used to have a Hog 1000 and sold it to buy the PC system when is became first available and I got stuck with 2 single widgets that say Hog 3 right on them and yet they don't work with Hog 3 without an upgrade.
    Can you say bend over? I now have in addition a super widget.
    Everyone who waited to buy the PC system until the newer widgets came out didn't have to pay for any upgrades while us early birds do.
    So tell me again how the Road Hog at $12,000 ish is a lot of board for the money? I have a Hog 3 PC system that can do anything a Hog 3 console can do for less than half the money for one and have 3 touch screen monitors; all larger than the ones on any console.
Children
No Data
Related