Two Hog on the same Network

Hi,
A freind start a new tour next month and had choose two hog III, one for the moving lights and other one for video and Laser control.

He will use the two hog on the same network with the same show,
Is there a way to control just moving lights with hog 1 and just video and laser with hog II?
is there a way during the show to quickly control all with the same hog?This is his firts questions, i will come back soon :D

Thanks
Steph
Parents
  • When I set up a multi desk show (dual operators, or as a backup) I generally have the server desk just sitting there. I don't program or operate on it...all programming/playback takes place from a client desk. The server just sits there triggering output and saving the show. Most of the time if you were to have a crash, it would be related to some syntax that puts the desk in an odd state. By programming on the client desk, the server never sees any of this syntax and tends to be much more stable. I'll often run my laptop as a backup (non tracking) along with a DMX switch. If one desk goes down, flip a switch and the other (laptop) is up and running.

For a multi desk show, there are a couple of ways to do it.

You can do one cuelist per song and everything is triggered from that list. This method works great if there is one operator. If you are using multi operators and want to seperate out the cuelists for fixtures and lasers, I would probably do one page per song and inside each page, do a cuelist or two for fixtures and then a list for lasers. This would let two operators run their respective lists without interference from the each other. Another method would be if you started with two operators and then when to a single operator. I would stick with the one page per song method with seperate cuelists and then add a macro in the main cuelist to fire other lists.

I've used each of these methods in various situations and they all work fine. It just depends on how you want to set it up.
  • When I set up a multi desk show (dual operators, or as a backup) I generally have the server desk just sitting there. I don't program or operate on it...all programming/playback takes place from a client desk. The server just sits there triggering output and saving the show. Most of the time if you were to have a crash, it would be related to some syntax that puts the desk in an odd state. By programming on the client desk, the server never sees any of this syntax and tends to be much more stable. I'll often run my laptop as a backup (non tracking) along with a DMX switch. If one desk goes down, flip a switch and the other (laptop) is up and running.

For a multi desk show, there are a couple of ways to do it.

You can do one cuelist per song and everything is triggered from that list. This method works great if there is one operator. If you are using multi operators and want to seperate out the cuelists for fixtures and lasers, I would probably do one page per song and inside each page, do a cuelist or two for fixtures and then a list for lasers. This would let two operators run their respective lists without interference from the each other. Another method would be if you started with two operators and then when to a single operator. I would stick with the one page per song method with seperate cuelists and then add a macro in the main cuelist to fire other lists.

I've used each of these methods in various situations and they all work fine. It just depends on how you want to set it up.
Children
No Data
Related