Two Hog on the same Network

Hi,
A freind start a new tour next month and had choose two hog III, one for the moving lights and other one for video and Laser control.

He will use the two hog on the same network with the same show,
Is there a way to control just moving lights with hog 1 and just video and laser with hog II?
is there a way during the show to quickly control all with the same hog?This is his firts questions, i will come back soon :D

Thanks
Steph
Parents
  • [QUOTE=z6p6tist6]On a related note:

Has anyone experimented with using a switch that can act as a DHCP server?

I was running into some TCP/IP quirks on a recent show and it made me wonder if there would be an advantage in having NONE of the consoles responsible for IP address assignments on the network.

There may be absolutely no validity to this.

Any thoughts or comments?

Phil
    Hey Phil-

I usually do this just to save the console from having to run another process.

I've used a couple different types, and have come up with different results- and off the shelf linksys will work, but i have managed to crash them with an attached laptop stalling on the network, leaving the console useless until reboot. This was also a few versions ago, and an older linksys, so take it for what it's worth.

What I've found best is a commercial grade switch (usually anything you can throw into a rack) and then if you choose to add wireless, just add an access point into the system. The fewer tasks any one piece has to perform on the network, the much more stable it should be.
  • [QUOTE=z6p6tist6]On a related note:

Has anyone experimented with using a switch that can act as a DHCP server?

I was running into some TCP/IP quirks on a recent show and it made me wonder if there would be an advantage in having NONE of the consoles responsible for IP address assignments on the network.

There may be absolutely no validity to this.

Any thoughts or comments?

Phil
    Hey Phil-

I usually do this just to save the console from having to run another process.

I've used a couple different types, and have come up with different results- and off the shelf linksys will work, but i have managed to crash them with an attached laptop stalling on the network, leaving the console useless until reboot. This was also a few versions ago, and an older linksys, so take it for what it's worth.

What I've found best is a commercial grade switch (usually anything you can throw into a rack) and then if you choose to add wireless, just add an access point into the system. The fewer tasks any one piece has to perform on the network, the much more stable it should be.
Children
No Data
Related