Congrats on 'Full Boar'

Congratulations to the entire Hog 3 team at HES on your release of the new 'Full Boar' console.

Looks like another great addition to the product family!

-Phil
  • Hi there
    I like the idea to have different desks for different budget.
    But i still miss the desk for the lowest budget... Is there something in the pipeline?
    Cheers
    Hg
  • HG,

The lowest budget we currently cater to is with the Hog 3PC software and a single widget. With this you still get the full power of the software, but without expensive hardware. I feel we have covered the full spectrum very well. As Robbie said, we are also continuing to always develop new products as well.
  • Dol,

You said " Who is the destiction to IPC? if one needs then still a hog 3 Console?"

I am sorry but I do not understand what exactly you are asking.
  • Hi Brad
    A think the version with hog PC and a widget is something for a user himself. But for the rental business i would prefer a small desk, not a pc with a lot of small cases (screen, widget, mouse, keys, pc, wing...).
    A desk with 2 outputs (and network?:) ), 1 touchscreen, 10 fader and the programmer section.
    Cheers
    Hg
  • Hg,

Thanks for your thoughts... as I stated before we are always working on new products and looking to broaden our market and innovations. Like all suggestions, I have logged yours and we will discuss this in future meetings here at HES.

Happy Holidays,
  • [quote=HgSiegenthaler]A desk with 2 outputs (and network?:) ), 1 touchscreen, 10 fader and the programmer section.

I don't see how you would get all of this into a package any smaller than RoadHog or FullBoar. Simply having the programmer interface as well as a 10 fader playback one, doesn't make much sense to have only 1 touchscreen at that point. It sounds basically like an iPC with only one screen?

A tabletPC laptop with a widget or superwidget is about as compact as you can go...if you need more, then its time for RoadHog or FullBoar. Both of which are the same size physically.
  • Sorry for my English Brad,
    In What the difference exists between ipc to boar,seen hog 3 to hog 3 pc?is the boar cheaper than IPC?

greeds dol
  • Dol,

If you are comparing the Full Boar to Hog iPC here are the differences:

Full Boar is the same as Hog iPC but adds:
    intregrated screens
    2 external displays
    Art-Net output
    Included USB Flash drive

Hog iPC has the ability to run Hog 3PC or Hog 2PC

As for pricing, you will need to check with your dealer or salesperson..
  • hi Brad,
    we have a hog 3 console .has he a limeted life now?Boar has the same features and cheaper.

greeds and thanks for answers
  • Dol,

The Full Boar actually increases the life of all current Wholehog products. With more consoles running the same software, there will be more users and there will be more on-going development to the current software.

Your Wholehog 3 console just gained a family member, thus making the entire family stronger.
  • To clarify,

No the full boar and hog3 have a number of distinct differences.. The Hog3 has the following the full boar does not

1. Linux core
    2. softkeys
    3. rate/dimming wheels
    4. collapsed/adjustable displays

To name a few off hand.

However. the full boar does benefit from having a faster CPU..

To Brad's point, you can use Hog products in any show regardless of show budgets. Hog3 is our flagship product and we will continue to make improvements across the board.

-Robbie
  • Hi Robbie,

is there any chance that yourself and Brad can post an official new thread under WholeHog III general discussion explaining the company line on the product range, and showing long-term commitment to existing products.

There are lots of dribs and drabs of posts here and there, but with local HES sales reps telling us how great the new desks are..... none really seem to know the long term plan.

With the WholeHog 3 still not delivering the functionality that was promised 4 years ago, and newer H3 consoles now offering integrated improvements on the WholeHog 3...

(Faster processors.... Artnet........)
    (why is the flagship console the ONLY H3 product that can't back up to a USB Flash Drive????......)

We need to know how HES see the future... and what you believe the life of this product to be..(having just watched I-PC be born and die in the last 3 years...superseded by Full Boar)

There is quite a lot of bad feeling among existing WholeHog 3 investors that the new range of products is a way of devaluing our investment (and long term commitment to a product with alot of bad publicity).
    .. as cheaper options are produced that offer HES a way of side-stepping the stigma of the H3-DP system.

Just take a look at the HES website and look at the information offered to advertise the consoles.
    The WholeHog 3 page doesn't seem to have been updated since its conception!
    "The latest version of this award winning technology"
    "The latest Wholehog console"
    "The Industry standard Wholehog 2".... we have watched that become a GrandMA since the 3's release
    "open creative doors at even lower costs"... what about the Full Boar!!!!
    The word Reliability is not used once!
    ...neither is the word FLAGSHIP!!!!!
    No mention of Remote Focus capabilites, Visualiser Connectivity via Ethernet....
    Just compare the Full Boar page (dynamic... product name in big letters.... Features... Connectivity)
    .. and the WholeHog 3 page.

Its difficult not to get the impression that HES Sales have given up on the WholeHog 3.....
    ... they are not giving it the attention one would expect of a "flagship console".

Many of us are individual users (not large hire firms), who have invested considerable amounts of our own finances in a product we believed in (even if no-one else in the industry did at the time).
    It is not about "revenue from hires".

Unlike the Hog2 that was a single item purchase (with maybe a wing or Overdrive at a later date)....we have bought DP's, widgets, LTC nodes, Specific Touch screens...
    I now have 7 DP2000's.
    I was told (4 years ago) that each of these overpriced boxes of air was a Hog2 in terms of its output.
    We all know this to be untrue, as anyone who has tried patching 2048 dimmers on one and running a dimmer effect can testify.
    My local rep seems proud of the fact that in the new "Artnet Age" each of these can now become an artnet box!!!
    So their asset value is about to drop to 20% (the cost of a 4 universe artnet box)?
    Thats a 22,500 Dollar loss!!!

In the early days, we were told that the product was in its infancy, and how it took several years to iron out the bugs of the Hog2.... also how the Grand MA was a far older platform, and the newer Hog 3 had many improvements and would have a far longer lifespan.
    The GrandMA is now in its 10th year, and still going strong. You folks are already telling us about the new DP's with better processing power after only 4 years!
    4 years is an accountants idea of the lifespan of an item of computer equipment.
    A lighting console should have the product lifespan of a car (they cost more than most).

Please folks, can you put all of our fears to rest and give us an official statement of the plans, and life expectancy, of the WholeHog range.
  • [quote=doller]hi Brad,
    we have a hog 3 console .has he a limeted life now?Boar has the same features and cheaper.

This is one of the statements many are making about the Hog systems in general. The Hog 3 was way over priced to begin with.
    Then Road Hog came out with it's non expandability for no good reason. I and others made comments to that affect and suddenly the Full Boar hit the market. Things that make you go Hmmmmm!
    Hog PC was the best console release until Full Boar. But with the price tag still not realistic, Hog PC will still be the favorite.
    $14k can get you all your wings,super widget, touch monitors, and tower or you can spend $11k for the non expanding Road Hog and $23k for the Full Boar......Hmmmmm. Anyone want to take a guess on the best value here? The flagship Hog 3 wouldn't even be a consideration at it's price point!
    Grand MA is a good console indeed, however I can put together 3 PC systems for the cost of one of those consoles and make more revenue and support more events.
    Not sure however what the major beef would be on the actual systems operation. There are times when there may be a small issue or bug, however I get great support from High End and nothing has ever caused a show to crash or not function.
Related