Profiles

I ran into an issue when using the Pixel Line Micro W profile. First off it took a few minutes of fiddling with the fixture to figure out which mode the profile was for. Maybe we could have some sort of notes on a profile to indicate what mode the fixture needs to be in and any other special mode settings to make the fixture talk.

Also, this fixture uses RGB and A for color and the profile lists CMY and I had no access to the A.
Parents
  • Chris, sounds like you are using the 5 channel library profile.
    If that is the case, yes it can be a bit confusing.

The five channels are for R, G, B, A, and Master Intensity.
    Sounds like you already figured out that the fixture needs to be set for "4Ch" and the PERS>MINT should be "ON".

Just in case... on some older firmware versions it is one setting that is something like "+4 +M".

As for the profile. You should find CMY (or HUE Saturation) parameters for controlling the RGB, and then another Colour parameter called CTO for controlling the Amber. It defaults at 5600K and you pull it down to 3200K to get full Amber.

I have found it works best to set a Saturation level and then adjust Hue and CTO for desired colors. Save to Palettes and you're all set.

Oh yeah, don't forget to turn up the intensity!

Cat
  • Chris, sounds like you are using the 5 channel library profile.
    If that is the case, yes it can be a bit confusing.

The five channels are for R, G, B, A, and Master Intensity.
    Sounds like you already figured out that the fixture needs to be set for "4Ch" and the PERS>MINT should be "ON".

Just in case... on some older firmware versions it is one setting that is something like "+4 +M".

As for the profile. You should find CMY (or HUE Saturation) parameters for controlling the RGB, and then another Colour parameter called CTO for controlling the Amber. It defaults at 5600K and you pull it down to 3200K to get full Amber.

I have found it works best to set a Saturation level and then adjust Hue and CTO for desired colors. Save to Palettes and you're all set.

Oh yeah, don't forget to turn up the intensity!

Cat
Children
No Data
Related