iPC Restore without external keyboard

So, I'm trying to restore an iPC with the newest image, but I don't have an external keyboard handy. I had kind of assumed that I could press any key on the front panel to get into the restore CD, but that doesn't seem to be working.

Is there a way to restore the console from the restore CD without having a keyboard attached?

PG
Parents
  • > Would it be possible to map a few commands to the
    > trackball buttons during the boot sequence only

The front Panel has no brain until the OS gives it the firmware to run. The only thing it can do is sit there and look pretty until the OS is up and running.

For Roadhog, we did discuss making it automatically re-install if the installer was detected on startup. That was deemed far to risky because if someone left the install CD in the drive, it would wipe their console on the next boot. This could be disasterous if you had a power outage during programming.
  • > Would it be possible to map a few commands to the
    > trackball buttons during the boot sequence only

The front Panel has no brain until the OS gives it the firmware to run. The only thing it can do is sit there and look pretty until the OS is up and running.

For Roadhog, we did discuss making it automatically re-install if the installer was detected on startup. That was deemed far to risky because if someone left the install CD in the drive, it would wipe their console on the next boot. This could be disasterous if you had a power outage during programming.
Children
No Data
Related