iPC Restore without external keyboard

So, I'm trying to restore an iPC with the newest image, but I don't have an external keyboard handy. I had kind of assumed that I could press any key on the front panel to get into the restore CD, but that doesn't seem to be working.

Is there a way to restore the console from the restore CD without having a keyboard attached?

PG
Parents
  • There's a lot of things we could do, but any mechanism that can wipe a console without user intervention carries a degree of risk.

For iPC and RoadHog, it's generally a good idea to keep a keyboard with you anyway. There are a couple of other error conditions where having a keyboard will help get you out of a bind.

I agree that it's sub-optimal. We've eliminated the vast majority of these cases that require a keyboard, but there are still a few left. Don't even get me started on what we go through with BIOS for the XPe based consoles.
  • There's a lot of things we could do, but any mechanism that can wipe a console without user intervention carries a degree of risk.

For iPC and RoadHog, it's generally a good idea to keep a keyboard with you anyway. There are a couple of other error conditions where having a keyboard will help get you out of a bind.

I agree that it's sub-optimal. We've eliminated the vast majority of these cases that require a keyboard, but there are still a few left. Don't even get me started on what we go through with BIOS for the XPe based consoles.
Children
No Data
Related