Cannot get WYSYWYG to connect to HOG3PC

I am using WYSIWYG 21 on my laptop running HOG3PC 2.3.1 (b1932) with the WholeHog connectivity driver version 1.08. I have two DMX Widgets.

I run HOG3PC first and load my show. I then run WYSIWYG and the connectivity window pops up and shows Status: Running, a session address, and Info: Outputs Active. Port 6600 and User Number 1.

I have WYSIWYG set with two universes A and B. My conventionals are patched into A and my movers into B. I have a WholeHog III DP device added in the Device Manager and have bound universe A to Output 1 and universe B to Output 2 with the Address Field set to 1.

When I press Connect, I get a green dot below my System Tray Hog Icon and "WholeHog III DP: / " in the Live Module Status line of WYSIWYG.

However, no output. My Grand Master is up on the HOG. I have "connect on load" set in WYSIWYG and when I save the file and reload WYSIWYG I get the error message:

"Could not connect the following consoles: WholeHog III DP ; "

What am I missing?
Parents
  • Ok... I'm making SOME progress here.

I'm getting the error from WYSIWYG on startup because the WholeHog III DP connectivity software isn't finished initializing by the time the WYSIWYG file has been loaded. When I connect it manually it sort of works.

If I bring up levels or move my Vari*lites in the HOG, it shows up in WYSIWYG. However, if I try to move the VL's or bring up levels in conventionals in WYSIWYG, I get no reaction from the HOG.

Is this normal behavior? Because I thought the idea was to be able to set a look in the visualizer (say at home) and then come to the rig and plug it in and have that look come up on the console.

Again, am I missing something fundamental?
  • Ok... I'm making SOME progress here.

I'm getting the error from WYSIWYG on startup because the WholeHog III DP connectivity software isn't finished initializing by the time the WYSIWYG file has been loaded. When I connect it manually it sort of works.

If I bring up levels or move my Vari*lites in the HOG, it shows up in WYSIWYG. However, if I try to move the VL's or bring up levels in conventionals in WYSIWYG, I get no reaction from the HOG.

Is this normal behavior? Because I thought the idea was to be able to set a look in the visualizer (say at home) and then come to the rig and plug it in and have that look come up on the console.

Again, am I missing something fundamental?
Children
No Data
Related