Cannot get WYSYWYG to connect to HOG3PC

I am using WYSIWYG 21 on my laptop running HOG3PC 2.3.1 (b1932) with the WholeHog connectivity driver version 1.08. I have two DMX Widgets.

I run HOG3PC first and load my show. I then run WYSIWYG and the connectivity window pops up and shows Status: Running, a session address, and Info: Outputs Active. Port 6600 and User Number 1.

I have WYSIWYG set with two universes A and B. My conventionals are patched into A and my movers into B. I have a WholeHog III DP device added in the Device Manager and have bound universe A to Output 1 and universe B to Output 2 with the Address Field set to 1.

When I press Connect, I get a green dot below my System Tray Hog Icon and "WholeHog III DP: / " in the Live Module Status line of WYSIWYG.

However, no output. My Grand Master is up on the HOG. I have "connect on load" set in WYSIWYG and when I save the file and reload WYSIWYG I get the error message:

"Could not connect the following consoles: WholeHog III DP ; "

What am I missing?
Parents
  • Douglas,

In the WYSIWYG device manager, you need to select one of your DPs (it doesn't matter which one) and click the "Bind Autofocus" button to enable autofocus to work with the Hog 3.

Autofocus works with most of the fixtures that exist in both the Wholehog and WYSIWYG libraries, but it does depend on a few internal codes matching, so it's possible that we need to update specific fixture types if some fixtures work and others don't.

Also, keep in mind that autofocus only works in WYSIWYG live mode and not design mode. If you're focusing fixtures and adjusting parameters in design mode, you won't see those changes in the Hog programmer.

Please let us know if you continue to have problems. We can take a look at your show files and see if we can determine what's not working properly.

Thanks.
  • Douglas,

In the WYSIWYG device manager, you need to select one of your DPs (it doesn't matter which one) and click the "Bind Autofocus" button to enable autofocus to work with the Hog 3.

Autofocus works with most of the fixtures that exist in both the Wholehog and WYSIWYG libraries, but it does depend on a few internal codes matching, so it's possible that we need to update specific fixture types if some fixtures work and others don't.

Also, keep in mind that autofocus only works in WYSIWYG live mode and not design mode. If you're focusing fixtures and adjusting parameters in design mode, you won't see those changes in the Hog programmer.

Please let us know if you continue to have problems. We can take a look at your show files and see if we can determine what's not working properly.

Thanks.
Children
No Data
Related