Cannot get WYSYWYG to connect to HOG3PC

I am using WYSIWYG 21 on my laptop running HOG3PC 2.3.1 (b1932) with the WholeHog connectivity driver version 1.08. I have two DMX Widgets.

I run HOG3PC first and load my show. I then run WYSIWYG and the connectivity window pops up and shows Status: Running, a session address, and Info: Outputs Active. Port 6600 and User Number 1.

I have WYSIWYG set with two universes A and B. My conventionals are patched into A and my movers into B. I have a WholeHog III DP device added in the Device Manager and have bound universe A to Output 1 and universe B to Output 2 with the Address Field set to 1.

When I press Connect, I get a green dot below my System Tray Hog Icon and "WholeHog III DP: / " in the Live Module Status line of WYSIWYG.

However, no output. My Grand Master is up on the HOG. I have "connect on load" set in WYSIWYG and when I save the file and reload WYSIWYG I get the error message:

"Could not connect the following consoles: WholeHog III DP ; "

What am I missing?
Parents
  • Thanks Marty. I'm glad that I'm not totally insane with my understanding of how visualizers are supposed to work. I was gobsmacked when tech support was telling me flat out that WYSIWYG will not output to WholeHog but that WholeHog outputs to WYSIWYG. Not only that... but that they were "working on this capability".

I might have to bite the $1000 bullet and buy the education version (I basically use it in class, projects and college productions), cause I have a deep hatred of Vectorworks.

It seems the only software I LOVE these days is WholeHog! (oh... and Sonar... and Photoshop)

BTW... I would love it oh so much more if Hog had a NEXT button... you know... focus check? Next... next... next...

anyone...? anyone....? Bueller?
  • Thanks Marty. I'm glad that I'm not totally insane with my understanding of how visualizers are supposed to work. I was gobsmacked when tech support was telling me flat out that WYSIWYG will not output to WholeHog but that WholeHog outputs to WYSIWYG. Not only that... but that they were "working on this capability".

I might have to bite the $1000 bullet and buy the education version (I basically use it in class, projects and college productions), cause I have a deep hatred of Vectorworks.

It seems the only software I LOVE these days is WholeHog! (oh... and Sonar... and Photoshop)

BTW... I would love it oh so much more if Hog had a NEXT button... you know... focus check? Next... next... next...

anyone...? anyone....? Bueller?
Children
No Data
Related