Hog Ipc in the cold

hi there.

has anyone had any experience using the IPC and touchscreens in cold weather. I have an outdoor festival coming up where I will be using one up on the deck of a ski resort outdoors. It is probable it will get below 0 degrees celcius. (32 degrees farenheit)

Does anyone have any tips or tricks for keeping screens insulated or anything???

cheers
Parents
  • [QUOTE=sparkles64]
    has anyone had any experience using the IPC and touchscreens in cold weather. I have an outdoor festival coming up where I will be using one up on the deck of a ski resort outdoors. It is probable it will get below 0 degrees celcius. (32 degrees farenheit)
    Hi
    it's quite late since you wrote, but... now here it's winter and I've seen something related.
    i've done many architectural shows in past weeks. I needed to prepare video shows projected over some buildings, with IPC and me for many hours outside. It was around 5 degrees in the noon and 0 degrees in the night. IPC has booted up correctly, but didn't recognized everytime the USB front Panel: wheels, buttons, faders and trackball. In the diagnostic tool that USB front panel was in a disconnected state. I solved that putting a big infrared lamp over and waiting until the surface came warmer. The strange fact is that I have'nt had expected problems like frozen motherboard or similar. In fact everytime has booted up, without control surface connected. There's a USB connection to MB, maybe that's the point.

Stefano
    Raggi di Luce
  • [QUOTE=sparkles64]
    Hi
    it's quite late since you wrote, but... now here it's winter and I've seen something related.
    i've done many architectural shows in past weeks. I needed to prepare video shows projected over some buildings, with IPC and me for many hours outside. It was around 5 degrees in the noon and 0 degrees in the night. IPC has booted up correctly, but didn't recognized everytime the USB front Panel: wheels, buttons, faders and trackball. In the diagnostic tool that USB front panel was in a disconnected state. I solved that putting a big infrared lamp over and waiting until the surface came warmer. The strange fact is that I have'nt had expected problems like frozen motherboard or similar. In fact everytime has booted up, without control surface connected. There's a USB connection to MB, maybe that's the point.

Stefano
    Raggi di Luce
Children
No Data
Related