Hog Ipc in the cold

hi there.

has anyone had any experience using the IPC and touchscreens in cold weather. I have an outdoor festival coming up where I will be using one up on the deck of a ski resort outdoors. It is probable it will get below 0 degrees celcius. (32 degrees farenheit)

Does anyone have any tips or tricks for keeping screens insulated or anything???

cheers
Parents
  • Definitely sounds like a hardware problem specific to your console....I've run iPCs in both around that temperature and much colder as well.

I would have a good look at your wiring harness that connects to front panel to the lower PCBs and make sure there is no extra stain there and check to be sure the connectors seat well.....if it gets cold the connectors could, theoretically get a bit smaller so if it is slightly loose the cold might make this issue worse.

Worth a look anyways.

Hope this helps:)
  • Definitely sounds like a hardware problem specific to your console....I've run iPCs in both around that temperature and much colder as well.

I would have a good look at your wiring harness that connects to front panel to the lower PCBs and make sure there is no extra stain there and check to be sure the connectors seat well.....if it gets cold the connectors could, theoretically get a bit smaller so if it is slightly loose the cold might make this issue worse.

Worth a look anyways.

Hope this helps:)
Children
No Data
Related