Full Boar ArtNet

I know that ArtNet is not working yet, at least until the DP8000 comes out, but that's where my question comes from. The specs say that the console will support up to 8 universes of ArtNet (I assume that's talking about the onboard ethercon connector), and unlimited HogNet universes via the ethernet. So when the DP8000 comes out (having 16 ArtNet universes available for use on it), will those 16 ArtNet universes via the DP8000 be available on the Full Boar, or just the 8 that are part of the on-board ArtNet ethercon port? Would this be something that would only be available on the HogIII full console?

-Patrick
Parents
  • Both the Full Boar and the DP8000 have a dedicated gigabit ethernet jacks for Art-Net (In addition to the ethernet port for Hog-Net)

If you have a Full boar and a DP8000, you will get 8 universes from the Full Boar's "Fixture" jack, and an additional 16 universes from the DP8000's fixture jack. If you connect both fixture jacks to the same ethernet switch, then you'll have access to all 24 universes of Art-Net on a single wire.

Bandwidth management can be a real issue on large Art-Net networks. By having separate ports on each device that can generate Art-Net, it's easy to segment traffic if needed. More advanced users can plug everything into a single network switch and handle segmentation at the VLAN or L3 filter level.
  • Both the Full Boar and the DP8000 have a dedicated gigabit ethernet jacks for Art-Net (In addition to the ethernet port for Hog-Net)

If you have a Full boar and a DP8000, you will get 8 universes from the Full Boar's "Fixture" jack, and an additional 16 universes from the DP8000's fixture jack. If you connect both fixture jacks to the same ethernet switch, then you'll have access to all 24 universes of Art-Net on a single wire.

Bandwidth management can be a real issue on large Art-Net networks. By having separate ports on each device that can generate Art-Net, it's easy to segment traffic if needed. More advanced users can plug everything into a single network switch and handle segmentation at the VLAN or L3 filter level.
Children
No Data
Related