Checking for any new developments

I don't get on here regularly, so I may have missed some new info.
Any info on Mac OS hog PC software?
Any info on Artnet and Hog? Heard that it was suppose to be integrated at some point. When?
Any info on new widget (DP 5000 or something)
Any info on devices available to allow for remote focus with Hog 3 and Hog PC?
Thanks
  • Jeff,

[quote=JeffM]Any info on Mac OS hog PC software?

- There probably won't be a true Mac OS version anytime soon. Most Mac users have had good results running H3PC by booting into XP on a Mac.

[quote=JeffM]Any info on Artnet and Hog? Heard that it was suppose to be integrated at some point. When? Any info on new widget (DP 5000 or something)

- HES/FPS has been working on the DP-8000 for some time now which will include ArtNet output. I have not heard a solid release date for this yet, but I know it will be soon. When this new DP gets released, the software that will be released along with it will "unlock" the ArtNet port on RH-Full Boar consoles as well. Note that this will be a be a new DP (DMX Processor)...not a widget...so it will have its' own onboard processing and gets connected in similar fashion to DP-2000s. Widgets are simply input/output devices that are connected via USB. All the processing is done on the host side of things with a widget.

[quote=JeffM]Any info on devices available to allow for remote focus with Hog 3 and Hog PC?

- Sure..."tablet" or other notebooks/PCs can be networked in wirelessly running H3PC....other users have had good results with iPhones connecting to computers running H3PC.....search the forums here for related threads and more info.

Hopefully this answers yous questions and is helpful.:)
  • Marty is correct with all that he says! If you happen to be in London during the next few days, stop by the Barco/HES stand and you can see a DP8000 working and outputing DMX to fixtures! Yes it is real and coming very soon!
  • [quote=bradpepe] stop by the Barco/HES stand and you can see a DP8000 working and outputing DMX to fixtures! Yes it is real and coming very soon!

HES stand was definitly one of the best at PLASA. The DP8000 is awesome, as well as the SHOWGUN, SHOWPIX, DL3, AXON, DML-1200 and the studiopix. Compliments to the guys at high end and barco!
  • [quote=Marty Postma]Jeff,

- HES/FPS has been working on the DP-8000 for some time now which will include ArtNet output. I have not heard a solid release date for this yet, but I know it will be soon. When this new DP gets released, the software that will be released along with it will "unlock" the ArtNet port on RH-Full Boar consoles as well. Note that this will be a be a new DP (DMX Processor)...not a widget...so it will have its' own onboard processing and gets connected in similar fashion to DP-2000s. Widgets are simply input/output devices that are connected via USB. All the processing is done on the host side of things with a widget.

So from what I understand the Full Boar has the hardware capabilites to support Artnet it just hasn't been unlocked yet? And the time frame for this to be available coincides with the release date for the DP8000? I've been looking around for a while and was wondering if this release date has been given.
  • I don't think you will have to wait much longer as I think I saw something in a press release about the 8000 being released to the wild at LDI? ;-)
  • version 3.0 and the DMX Processor 8000 are scheduled for release this December. All indications are looking good for this timeframe. And yes this includes Art-Net output of 12 universes from a Road Hog Full Boar.
Related