RoadHog Restarting by itself?

Console: Roadhog
Software Version: 2.6.0
Problem: Console restarting...see below

The console just randomly decides to restart without an unplugging or switching, or the software way to restart. It did this twice. The first time, which I was there for, I typed:

101-106@full
Pulled up palletes, then the color picking wheel, then pulled my finger from around center to a full blue..walked away, and the console restarted. When I came back, the console was on the login screen. I asked the other tech's on site, and no one had reset it, or kicked power or anything similar.

The other time, I was not there for, but I hear the console just went black and started back up (like a power failure).

Any thoughts? We had the console plugged into a courtesy on a dimmer, with a power source that was constant house power: metered showing 119-121 VAC on the outlet.

EDIT: The cable on the console was checked to make sure it was all the way in, and I checked all the connections between the dimmer and the console to ensure there were no loose connections.
Parents
  • Mary-

That I completely agree with. I was not in charge on this one, and thus the decision about the UPS was not mine to make. I always, for that very reason and others, use a UPS in line with the console on my shows (or if at all possible even a voltage regulator, not a furman, but a real one). There's actually a good chance the board in question is now a blue paperweight, as we're shipping it back to HES. It BSOD'd on me yesterday when I was testing it out, and really, I don't trust it on a show right now.

Thanks again Marty.

-Patrick
  • Mary-

That I completely agree with. I was not in charge on this one, and thus the decision about the UPS was not mine to make. I always, for that very reason and others, use a UPS in line with the console on my shows (or if at all possible even a voltage regulator, not a furman, but a real one). There's actually a good chance the board in question is now a blue paperweight, as we're shipping it back to HES. It BSOD'd on me yesterday when I was testing it out, and really, I don't trust it on a show right now.

Thanks again Marty.

-Patrick
Children
No Data
Related