rapid color change

hi all,
on my current show I need a similar effect to the first bit of the SHOWPIX demo video(attached) where there is rapid color changing for about 2 seconds. So far I have made one cuelist with ten cues of different colors, put the delay to .5s and set the macro to GM. The problem I am having is that the macro is firing without looking at the delay and it skips straight to the end of the cuelist where the lights fade out

any ideas?:confused:

by the way i'm using varilite Vl2000 wash lights

www.highend.com/HESDirect/showpix/showpix.html
Parents
  • You could one shot the effect, or if you need it to stop in a specific place you could cue it stopped. If you are using cmy units you can apply a sawtooth to Hue, and then by changing the saturation level you can achieve a color change, it all depends on what colors you want to have in your effect. You should also be able to achieve limited colors by using size and offset. But certainly playing with the effect can be quicker and cleaner than writing cues. Typically in live run situations, I'll make a IPCB fader that just has Saturation in it, so you can go from white to color with a fader, and then place your hue info in whatever cues or effects you're running.

You can edit how many times a effect rolls through its programming using the Nshot in the effect table. Even if it's not a CMY unit, if you apply sawtooth to your color slot, you should be able to achieve a color roll, and you edit the time live, which is nice. Though you can do the same with a cue chase. I suppose really it's just about getting what you need out of the thing. And what you are more comfortable using. More reasons to love the Pig.
  • You could one shot the effect, or if you need it to stop in a specific place you could cue it stopped. If you are using cmy units you can apply a sawtooth to Hue, and then by changing the saturation level you can achieve a color change, it all depends on what colors you want to have in your effect. You should also be able to achieve limited colors by using size and offset. But certainly playing with the effect can be quicker and cleaner than writing cues. Typically in live run situations, I'll make a IPCB fader that just has Saturation in it, so you can go from white to color with a fader, and then place your hue info in whatever cues or effects you're running.

You can edit how many times a effect rolls through its programming using the Nshot in the effect table. Even if it's not a CMY unit, if you apply sawtooth to your color slot, you should be able to achieve a color roll, and you edit the time live, which is nice. Though you can do the same with a cue chase. I suppose really it's just about getting what you need out of the thing. And what you are more comfortable using. More reasons to love the Pig.
Children
No Data
Related